Dragon Age sequel within a year
It won't be a long wait for the next instalment of BioWare's budding fantasy role-playing series, as EA has announced plans to release the next Dragon Age game at the beginning of 2011.
Tucked deep in the company's third quarter 2010 fiscal year financial report is confirmation that the next Dragon Age game is slated for release in the first three months of 2011.
There aren't any more details than that vague release window, but that's pretty exciting in its own right given that we didn't know how aggressive EA and developer BioWare were planning to be with the new franchise.
The sequel will come after a standalone expansion pack coming this March, along with scores of downloadable content. Also of note is EA pledging to release handheld versions of the sequel; no specific platforms were announced, though PSP is assumed, as well as a potentially iPhone and iPod touch.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light