Dead Space 2 coming to portables
Survival-horror sequel Dead Space 2 will be released on an unnamed portable platform(s) in conjunction with its previously revealed PS3, Xbox 360, and PC release.
Third quarter financial results for EA's 2010 fiscal year ironically announce an unannounced game: Dead Space 2 for portables. While the financial reporting doesn't say which device, it's clearly marked for "handheld" release.
It's likely a Dead Space spin-off would appear on either PSP or iPhone and iPod touch, with DS being an distant option. Publishers have been trending away from major DS releases over the last 12 months due to rampant piracy and lagging sales (the two aren't mutually exclusive).
Mediocre to poor PSP games sales point to an iPhone release, though until EA makes an official announcement, we're just guessing.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto