Dead Space 2 coming to portables
Survival-horror sequel Dead Space 2 will be released on an unnamed portable platform(s) in conjunction with its previously revealed PS3, Xbox 360, and PC release.
Third quarter financial results for EA's 2010 fiscal year ironically announce an unannounced game: Dead Space 2 for portables. While the financial reporting doesn't say which device, it's clearly marked for "handheld" release.
It's likely a Dead Space spin-off would appear on either PSP or iPhone and iPod touch, with DS being an distant option. Publishers have been trending away from major DS releases over the last 12 months due to rampant piracy and lagging sales (the two aren't mutually exclusive).
Mediocre to poor PSP games sales point to an iPhone release, though until EA makes an official announcement, we're just guessing.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year