Dead Space 2 coming to portables
Survival-horror sequel Dead Space 2 will be released on an unnamed portable platform(s) in conjunction with its previously revealed PS3, Xbox 360, and PC release.
Third quarter financial results for EA's 2010 fiscal year ironically announce an unannounced game: Dead Space 2 for portables. While the financial reporting doesn't say which device, it's clearly marked for "handheld" release.
It's likely a Dead Space spin-off would appear on either PSP or iPhone and iPod touch, with DS being an distant option. Publishers have been trending away from major DS releases over the last 12 months due to rampant piracy and lagging sales (the two aren't mutually exclusive).
Mediocre to poor PSP games sales point to an iPhone release, though until EA makes an official announcement, we're just guessing.
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week