Netflix VP admits HD service lame
As Netflix hopes to reach a new swath of gamers by way of Wii, vice president of corporate communications Steve Swasey downplays the company's HD streaming service on PS3 and Xbox 360.
The Wiire interviewed Swasey about the prospects of expanding Netflix subscriptions on Wii and whether the lack of HD videos will put that console at a disadvantage. "So, the HD experience at Netflix Instant Watching isn't that overwhelming. It's a little bit underwhelming. So the Wii folks aren't going to miss that much."
In short, Swasey is admitting that the HD offerings on PS3 and Xbox 360 suck. While that might make Wii owners feel better, how exactly is that going to motivate subscribers on PS3 and Xbox 360?
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer