Netflix VP admits HD service lame
As Netflix hopes to reach a new swath of gamers by way of Wii, vice president of corporate communications Steve Swasey downplays the company's HD streaming service on PS3 and Xbox 360.
The Wiire interviewed Swasey about the prospects of expanding Netflix subscriptions on Wii and whether the lack of HD videos will put that console at a disadvantage. "So, the HD experience at Netflix Instant Watching isn't that overwhelming. It's a little bit underwhelming. So the Wii folks aren't going to miss that much."
In short, Swasey is admitting that the HD offerings on PS3 and Xbox 360 suck. While that might make Wii owners feel better, how exactly is that going to motivate subscribers on PS3 and Xbox 360?
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title