Gran Turismo sales run over Forza
Despite cocky claims by Microsoft executives, the Forza Motorsport franchise remains far behind the best-selling Gran Turismo series with only a fraction of the sales that Sony's brand manages to rake in.
Gran Turismo series developer Polyphony Digital revealed lifetime sales data for every game and the numbers are astounding. In the 13 years since the first title was released on PlayStation, well over 55 million Gran Turismo games have been sold. The latest instalment, Gran Turismo for PSP has already clocked up 1.8 million copies. That's more than the original Forza Motorsport sold on Xbox.
For comparison, all three Forza Motorsport games have sold less than 10 million copies combined--not even a quarter of Sony's series. Exactly who's in the driver's seat?
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto