Gran Turismo sales run over Forza
Despite cocky claims by Microsoft executives, the Forza Motorsport franchise remains far behind the best-selling Gran Turismo series with only a fraction of the sales that Sony's brand manages to rake in.
Gran Turismo series developer Polyphony Digital revealed lifetime sales data for every game and the numbers are astounding. In the 13 years since the first title was released on PlayStation, well over 55 million Gran Turismo games have been sold. The latest instalment, Gran Turismo for PSP has already clocked up 1.8 million copies. That's more than the original Forza Motorsport sold on Xbox.
For comparison, all three Forza Motorsport games have sold less than 10 million copies combined--not even a quarter of Sony's series. Exactly who's in the driver's seat?
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week