The Sims celebrates 10 years
The Sims series is 10 years old today, EA celebrating this milestone and revealing that the stalwart has sold over 125 million copies worldwide.
Having grossed 1.6 billion USD in revenue, The Sims is up there with the biggest entertainment releases in the world - The Matrix, Titanic, Avatar et al.
"For ten years, which seems an eternity in the games world, The Sims has been a leader. There are no competitors," Sims boss Tim LeTourneau said in a new interview.
"No one is doing what we do. That is a testament to the game that came out 10 years ago and has continued to grow and develop. It's a game that is about enabling the players to tell their own story in an incredible virtual world of their own creation. To me, what makes the game timeless is that it is a reflection of the player much more than it is a reflection of us."
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny