The Sims celebrates 10 years
The Sims series is 10 years old today, EA celebrating this milestone and revealing that the stalwart has sold over 125 million copies worldwide.
Having grossed 1.6 billion USD in revenue, The Sims is up there with the biggest entertainment releases in the world - The Matrix, Titanic, Avatar et al.
"For ten years, which seems an eternity in the games world, The Sims has been a leader. There are no competitors," Sims boss Tim LeTourneau said in a new interview.
"No one is doing what we do. That is a testament to the game that came out 10 years ago and has continued to grow and develop. It's a game that is about enabling the players to tell their own story in an incredible virtual world of their own creation. To me, what makes the game timeless is that it is a reflection of the player much more than it is a reflection of us."
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year