The Sims celebrates 10 years
The Sims series is 10 years old today, EA celebrating this milestone and revealing that the stalwart has sold over 125 million copies worldwide.
Having grossed 1.6 billion USD in revenue, The Sims is up there with the biggest entertainment releases in the world - The Matrix, Titanic, Avatar et al.
"For ten years, which seems an eternity in the games world, The Sims has been a leader. There are no competitors," Sims boss Tim LeTourneau said in a new interview.
"No one is doing what we do. That is a testament to the game that came out 10 years ago and has continued to grow and develop. It's a game that is about enabling the players to tell their own story in an incredible virtual world of their own creation. To me, what makes the game timeless is that it is a reflection of the player much more than it is a reflection of us."
- PlayStation Home to close next year
- New The Evil Within video offers up a survival lesson
- Shadow Of Mordor Season Pass trailer arrives teasing the game's DLC
- Excited about No Man's Sky? Now you can help make it
- Creative Assembly has something cool to reveal after Alien: Isolation is out the door
- Defiance gets renewed by SyFy for a third season
- Deadly Premonition creator's new game D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die not doing so well
- Ion Storm had begun planning Deus Ex 3 when they closed back in 2006
- Bungie closes Destiny's Loot Cave exploit