Enjoy 5GB BioShock 2 PS3 install
Continuing the trend in the earliest days of PS3, BioShock 2 requires a ridiculous 5GB hard drive installation before playing on PS3.
The install is mandatory on PS3 and PC (though such installs are common with PC games), while it's merely optional on Xbox 360. 2K Marin has not provided any reason why this massive install is required on PS3, but not Xbox 360.
When the original BioShock was ported to PS3, a gigantic 5GB install accompanied it. At the time, it was presumed the installation was the byproduct of the game having been ported and not fundamentally optimised for the console.
Just make sure to set aside enough time for the install when BioShock 2 releases Tuesday.
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch
- New featurette release talking about faithfully recreating the artwork from The Legend Of Korra in the new game
- Sony details PS4 update 2.00, Music player is among the highlights
- Runefest 2014 Runescape's most successful fanfest yet
- Project CARS delayed into 2015 to push it out of the busy Christmas release schedule
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection needs a 20 GB day one update because 343 filled up the 45GB game disc
- SEGA announces the Fox Company pre-order bonus for Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault
- Tim Schafer has finally finished writing Broken Age Act 2
- Pachter reckons GTA V won't sell all that well on next-gen consoles, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare should do well though