Enjoy 5GB BioShock 2 PS3 install
Continuing the trend in the earliest days of PS3, BioShock 2 requires a ridiculous 5GB hard drive installation before playing on PS3.
The install is mandatory on PS3 and PC (though such installs are common with PC games), while it's merely optional on Xbox 360. 2K Marin has not provided any reason why this massive install is required on PS3, but not Xbox 360.
When the original BioShock was ported to PS3, a gigantic 5GB install accompanied it. At the time, it was presumed the installation was the byproduct of the game having been ported and not fundamentally optimised for the console.
Just make sure to set aside enough time for the install when BioShock 2 releases Tuesday.
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side
- Wonder what Zombie mode looks like for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Here's a trailer
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game
- Dark Souls migration over to Steam delayed into next month now
- Sony to give partial refunds to PS Vita early adopters over misleading launch advertising
- And here's the goodies that Games With Gold will get you in December
- Nival announces beta access and a massive gun for pre-ordering Blitzkrieg 3
- Evolve developers promise that all map DLC will be free