Enjoy 5GB BioShock 2 PS3 install
Continuing the trend in the earliest days of PS3, BioShock 2 requires a ridiculous 5GB hard drive installation before playing on PS3.
The install is mandatory on PS3 and PC (though such installs are common with PC games), while it's merely optional on Xbox 360. 2K Marin has not provided any reason why this massive install is required on PS3, but not Xbox 360.
When the original BioShock was ported to PS3, a gigantic 5GB install accompanied it. At the time, it was presumed the installation was the byproduct of the game having been ported and not fundamentally optimised for the console.
Just make sure to set aside enough time for the install when BioShock 2 releases Tuesday.
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan