Enjoy 5GB BioShock 2 PS3 install
Continuing the trend in the earliest days of PS3, BioShock 2 requires a ridiculous 5GB hard drive installation before playing on PS3.
The install is mandatory on PS3 and PC (though such installs are common with PC games), while it's merely optional on Xbox 360. 2K Marin has not provided any reason why this massive install is required on PS3, but not Xbox 360.
When the original BioShock was ported to PS3, a gigantic 5GB install accompanied it. At the time, it was presumed the installation was the byproduct of the game having been ported and not fundamentally optimised for the console.
Just make sure to set aside enough time for the install when BioShock 2 releases Tuesday.
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May