Silent Hill composer on EA game
Akira Yamaoka has joined famed Japanese developer Suda 51 at studio Grasshopper Manufacturer, which is hard at work on an original survival-horror game for mammoth publisher EA.
Yamaoka made a name for himself on the Silent Hill franchise, having crafted the haunting musical score that gave rise to just as much suspense as the gameplay itself. He recently departed from Konami, though his next move was unknown until today.
Famitsu is reporting that Yamaoka is now with Grasshopper Manufacture composing music from an untitled horror game to be publisher by EA.
Also on the project: Devil May Cry creator Shinji Mikami. Sounds like a dream team to us.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO