Silent Hill composer on EA game
Akira Yamaoka has joined famed Japanese developer Suda 51 at studio Grasshopper Manufacturer, which is hard at work on an original survival-horror game for mammoth publisher EA.
Yamaoka made a name for himself on the Silent Hill franchise, having crafted the haunting musical score that gave rise to just as much suspense as the gameplay itself. He recently departed from Konami, though his next move was unknown until today.
Famitsu is reporting that Yamaoka is now with Grasshopper Manufacture composing music from an untitled horror game to be publisher by EA.
Also on the project: Devil May Cry creator Shinji Mikami. Sounds like a dream team to us.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light