Silent Hill composer on EA game
Akira Yamaoka has joined famed Japanese developer Suda 51 at studio Grasshopper Manufacturer, which is hard at work on an original survival-horror game for mammoth publisher EA.
Yamaoka made a name for himself on the Silent Hill franchise, having crafted the haunting musical score that gave rise to just as much suspense as the gameplay itself. He recently departed from Konami, though his next move was unknown until today.
Famitsu is reporting that Yamaoka is now with Grasshopper Manufacture composing music from an untitled horror game to be publisher by EA.
Also on the project: Devil May Cry creator Shinji Mikami. Sounds like a dream team to us.
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year
- Hatred returns to Steam Greenlight