Silent Hill composer on EA game
Akira Yamaoka has joined famed Japanese developer Suda 51 at studio Grasshopper Manufacturer, which is hard at work on an original survival-horror game for mammoth publisher EA.
Yamaoka made a name for himself on the Silent Hill franchise, having crafted the haunting musical score that gave rise to just as much suspense as the gameplay itself. He recently departed from Konami, though his next move was unknown until today.
Famitsu is reporting that Yamaoka is now with Grasshopper Manufacture composing music from an untitled horror game to be publisher by EA.
Also on the project: Devil May Cry creator Shinji Mikami. Sounds like a dream team to us.
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May
- Pillars Of Eternity community debating the validity of an in-game trans joke
- Warner Bros teams up with ESL for a programme of pro-Mortal Kombat X tournaments this year
- New Rainbow Six: Siege trailer explains the operator system
- UK headteachers threaten to report parents who let their children play adult-rated games
- Spotify hits the PS4 and PS3 today
- Halo 5: Guardians coming to the Xbox One in October
- The next episode of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's Exo Zombies get s new trailer
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold