New Zelda to require MotionPlus
It has been a big news day for Zelda fans, with some interesting morsels of information surfacing about the latest Wii incarnation of the series emerging.
The first piece of news is that Zelda will be playable by E3. This means fans can get a real sense of what they will be in store for this Christmas when the new Zelda finally arrives.
The second piece of information is that the new Zelda game will only work with the MotionPlus add on.
Both details emerged in Japan's Weekly Famitsu magazine in the form of an interview with Eiji Aonuma, series director.
Aonuma said of the MotionPlus exclusivity: "I wasn't sure about this at first, but once we put that compatibility in, it felt so natural. Link's sword and your remote function completely as one, and I really couldn't imagine going back to how it was."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3