Visceral to make Macbeth title?
Having cut their teeth on Dante's Inferno, EA and Visceral have expressed an interest in creating a video game take on another piece of classic literature: Macbeth.
Before starting work on Inferno, producer Jonathan Knight was in discussions over ideas for a game based on Shakespeare's tragedy.
"Macbeth the game is something Ive been thinking about for years, but now, I think the emotional quality that games are achieving and the value level of the acting and the sound work makes it possible," Industry Gamers were told by Knight.
"The thing is, the unique quality of games is being interactive; it's about action and killing things and pursuing those mechanics is tricky when bringing in classic media; Dante's is more of a violent interpretation of the poem for example. Macbeth would be great, though; there are witches and a supernatural experience along with plenty of intrigue and murder."
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed