Visceral to make Macbeth title?
Having cut their teeth on Dante's Inferno, EA and Visceral have expressed an interest in creating a video game take on another piece of classic literature: Macbeth.
Before starting work on Inferno, producer Jonathan Knight was in discussions over ideas for a game based on Shakespeare's tragedy.
"Macbeth the game is something Ive been thinking about for years, but now, I think the emotional quality that games are achieving and the value level of the acting and the sound work makes it possible," Industry Gamers were told by Knight.
"The thing is, the unique quality of games is being interactive; it's about action and killing things and pursuing those mechanics is tricky when bringing in classic media; Dante's is more of a violent interpretation of the poem for example. Macbeth would be great, though; there are witches and a supernatural experience along with plenty of intrigue and murder."
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like