Visceral to make Macbeth title?
Having cut their teeth on Dante's Inferno, EA and Visceral have expressed an interest in creating a video game take on another piece of classic literature: Macbeth.
Before starting work on Inferno, producer Jonathan Knight was in discussions over ideas for a game based on Shakespeare's tragedy.
"Macbeth the game is something Ive been thinking about for years, but now, I think the emotional quality that games are achieving and the value level of the acting and the sound work makes it possible," Industry Gamers were told by Knight.
"The thing is, the unique quality of games is being interactive; it's about action and killing things and pursuing those mechanics is tricky when bringing in classic media; Dante's is more of a violent interpretation of the poem for example. Macbeth would be great, though; there are witches and a supernatural experience along with plenty of intrigue and murder."
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer