Visceral to make Macbeth title?
Having cut their teeth on Dante's Inferno, EA and Visceral have expressed an interest in creating a video game take on another piece of classic literature: Macbeth.
Before starting work on Inferno, producer Jonathan Knight was in discussions over ideas for a game based on Shakespeare's tragedy.
"Macbeth the game is something Ive been thinking about for years, but now, I think the emotional quality that games are achieving and the value level of the acting and the sound work makes it possible," Industry Gamers were told by Knight.
"The thing is, the unique quality of games is being interactive; it's about action and killing things and pursuing those mechanics is tricky when bringing in classic media; Dante's is more of a violent interpretation of the poem for example. Macbeth would be great, though; there are witches and a supernatural experience along with plenty of intrigue and murder."
- Hatred returns to Steam Greenlight
- Work on a Lords Of The Fallen sequel is under way
- The latest patch for Assassin's Creed: Unity is a whopper, especially for some on Xbox One
- Microsoft is planning a streaming service reportedly called Arcadia
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 in development, aiming for a 2016 release
- Jagex to pull the plug on Transformers Universe
- One of Johnny Gat's new toys from Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell takes a tour of London
- Free trial of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn arrives on the PS4
- Batman Of The Future character pack arrives for LEGO Batman 3