Analyst: THQ disappointed in Darksiders
A leading industry analyst has questioned the success of THQ's first release of the year, the new IP, Darksiders.
Signal Hill's Todd Greenwald told Gamasutra that Darksiders had failed to give any kind of results on the considerable investment they had put into it.
Greenwald said: "Darksiders didn't perform up to THQ's expectations, likely selling less than 1 million units despite heavy marketing dollars, 2-3 years of development costs, and was also subject to discounting just 2 weeks after its release."
Darksiders did have a difficult time though, being released in the first week of January alongside Sega's monster Bayonetta.
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell
- 2K launches a teaser for a new title possibly called Advent
- Mad Max gets a new trailer teasing the game's story
- Bethesda purges a load of stolen keys from The Elder Scrolls Online
- Peter Stormare joins the cast of Until Dawn as it gets a release date
- Resident Evil Zero is the next Capcom game to get an HD remaster
- The Executioner DLC arrives for The Evil Within
- NBA 2K16 gets a release date and early-access for pre-orders
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree