Analyst: THQ disappointed in Darksiders
A leading industry analyst has questioned the success of THQ's first release of the year, the new IP, Darksiders.
Signal Hill's Todd Greenwald told Gamasutra that Darksiders had failed to give any kind of results on the considerable investment they had put into it.
Greenwald said: "Darksiders didn't perform up to THQ's expectations, likely selling less than 1 million units despite heavy marketing dollars, 2-3 years of development costs, and was also subject to discounting just 2 weeks after its release."
Darksiders did have a difficult time though, being released in the first week of January alongside Sega's monster Bayonetta.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny