Natal makes Insomniac yawn
Insomniac Games hasn't been been losing any sleep over Microsoft's motion-sensing Project Natal, arguing against assumptions that the peripheral will revolutionise gaming.
During a panel hosted at the Art Institute of California at Los Angeles, Insomniac staff addressed the question of Project Natal's potential for evolving gameplay and encouraging innovation. The response was a definitive "no."
According to a report by KingPS3, an unnamed company spokesperson disputed the widely held belief that the peripheral will fundamentally change gaming.
Of course, Insomniac has an established relationship with Sony that may factor into this sentiment, particularly given competition with the company's unnamed motion controller set for release this autumn.
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week