Sony to wipeout Liverpool staff
Layoffs are expected at Sony's Liverpool Studio following word that the publisher plans to follow through with a restructuring agreement that will cut the development staff by nearly half.
Develop reports from unnamed sources that approximately half of the employees currently working at the Liverpool Studio will be laid off.
According to the publication's sources, the cancellation of several projects at the large studio as part of Sony's corporate restructuring program have prompted the reduction in staff.
Sony has not returned request for comment regarding the potential layoffs and the future of Liverpool-helmed series' Lemmings, MotorStorm, and WipEout.
- OlliOlli 2 devs Roll7 troll the game's Twitter critics
- DayZ creator teams up with Improbable to make the game worlds he's always wanted
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to the PS4 in the summer
- [Update] Possible March PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up appears on NeoGAF
- Trading gold for subscriptions coming soon to World Of Warcraft
- Unity 5 arrives completely free
- Mad Max gets slated for a September release
- Console ports of Gone Home have been shelved by Fullbright
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain release date leaked, getting an autumn release