Sony to wipeout Liverpool staff
Layoffs are expected at Sony's Liverpool Studio following word that the publisher plans to follow through with a restructuring agreement that will cut the development staff by nearly half.
Develop reports from unnamed sources that approximately half of the employees currently working at the Liverpool Studio will be laid off.
According to the publication's sources, the cancellation of several projects at the large studio as part of Sony's corporate restructuring program have prompted the reduction in staff.
Sony has not returned request for comment regarding the potential layoffs and the future of Liverpool-helmed series' Lemmings, MotorStorm, and WipEout.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3