Sony to wipeout Liverpool staff
Layoffs are expected at Sony's Liverpool Studio following word that the publisher plans to follow through with a restructuring agreement that will cut the development staff by nearly half.
Develop reports from unnamed sources that approximately half of the employees currently working at the Liverpool Studio will be laid off.
According to the publication's sources, the cancellation of several projects at the large studio as part of Sony's corporate restructuring program have prompted the reduction in staff.
Sony has not returned request for comment regarding the potential layoffs and the future of Liverpool-helmed series' Lemmings, MotorStorm, and WipEout.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch