Sony to wipeout Liverpool staff
Layoffs are expected at Sony's Liverpool Studio following word that the publisher plans to follow through with a restructuring agreement that will cut the development staff by nearly half.
Develop reports from unnamed sources that approximately half of the employees currently working at the Liverpool Studio will be laid off.
According to the publication's sources, the cancellation of several projects at the large studio as part of Sony's corporate restructuring program have prompted the reduction in staff.
Sony has not returned request for comment regarding the potential layoffs and the future of Liverpool-helmed series' Lemmings, MotorStorm, and WipEout.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side