Sony to wipeout Liverpool staff
Layoffs are expected at Sony's Liverpool Studio following word that the publisher plans to follow through with a restructuring agreement that will cut the development staff by nearly half.
Develop reports from unnamed sources that approximately half of the employees currently working at the Liverpool Studio will be laid off.
According to the publication's sources, the cancellation of several projects at the large studio as part of Sony's corporate restructuring program have prompted the reduction in staff.
Sony has not returned request for comment regarding the potential layoffs and the future of Liverpool-helmed series' Lemmings, MotorStorm, and WipEout.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title