Bungie wiping all beta data for Destiny before launch
Bungie has announced what we probably all knew already – that they will be deleting the data from last month's Destiny beta before the game launches.
All data will be cleased from Destiny's servers from multiplayer stats to exploration progress and even right down to vaults holding all of the items players managed to collect. It makes complete sense but thankfully Destiny designer Tyson Green was on hand in the Bungie blog to explain their reasoning a bit more clearly.
“Since the Beta,” Green said, “we’ve continued to tune and adjust the game. The way you earn experience has been adjusted up and down a bunch of times. Items have been added and removed. New features toggled. Although there’s no single monumental change, the sum of the tweaks leaves characters from the Beta Build in strange shape that would be confusing at best, broken at worst.”
Destiny is set to launch world wide on September the 9th on PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 except in Japan where it's a PlayStation exclusive.
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent
- New video gives a sneak peek at Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below
- Sony claims “no evidence” of a breach after hacker group claims to have leaked PSN account details online
- Activision using copyright strikes to remove Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare glitch videos from YouTube
- Steam Thanksgiving Sale to begin later this week
- Irrational Games seems to be hiring again
- Gorgeous Xbox One metroidvania adventure Ori And The Blind Forest delayed into next year
- Crytek bringing the action fo Warface to Siberia
- Warner Bros releases brand new Batman: Arkham Knight gameplay footage