Bungie wiping all beta data for Destiny before launch
Bungie has announced what we probably all knew already – that they will be deleting the data from last month's Destiny beta before the game launches.
All data will be cleased from Destiny's servers from multiplayer stats to exploration progress and even right down to vaults holding all of the items players managed to collect. It makes complete sense but thankfully Destiny designer Tyson Green was on hand in the Bungie blog to explain their reasoning a bit more clearly.
“Since the Beta,” Green said, “we’ve continued to tune and adjust the game. The way you earn experience has been adjusted up and down a bunch of times. Items have been added and removed. New features toggled. Although there’s no single monumental change, the sum of the tweaks leaves characters from the Beta Build in strange shape that would be confusing at best, broken at worst.”
Destiny is set to launch world wide on September the 9th on PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 except in Japan where it's a PlayStation exclusive.
- Destiny's Vault of Glass Raid coming next week
- Evolution boasts load times under 10 seconds and a 17GB install for Driveclub
- Frontier announces the final release pricing for Elite: Dangerous
- Footage appears of a cancelled Kinect-powered Gears Of War RTS
- Sony closing PSN access for European PSP users next week
- Hotline Miami themed DLC coming to Payday 2
- Sony: The PS Vita is “remarkably resilient”
- Football Manager documentary headed to Vue Cinemas next month
- Curious about the how combat works in Frozen Synapse Prime? The latest video explains all