Bungie wiping all beta data for Destiny before launch
Bungie has announced what we probably all knew already – that they will be deleting the data from last month's Destiny beta before the game launches.
All data will be cleased from Destiny's servers from multiplayer stats to exploration progress and even right down to vaults holding all of the items players managed to collect. It makes complete sense but thankfully Destiny designer Tyson Green was on hand in the Bungie blog to explain their reasoning a bit more clearly.
“Since the Beta,” Green said, “we’ve continued to tune and adjust the game. The way you earn experience has been adjusted up and down a bunch of times. Items have been added and removed. New features toggled. Although there’s no single monumental change, the sum of the tweaks leaves characters from the Beta Build in strange shape that would be confusing at best, broken at worst.”
Destiny is set to launch world wide on September the 9th on PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 except in Japan where it's a PlayStation exclusive.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light