Bungie wiping all beta data for Destiny before launch
Bungie has announced what we probably all knew already – that they will be deleting the data from last month's Destiny beta before the game launches.
All data will be cleased from Destiny's servers from multiplayer stats to exploration progress and even right down to vaults holding all of the items players managed to collect. It makes complete sense but thankfully Destiny designer Tyson Green was on hand in the Bungie blog to explain their reasoning a bit more clearly.
“Since the Beta,” Green said, “we’ve continued to tune and adjust the game. The way you earn experience has been adjusted up and down a bunch of times. Items have been added and removed. New features toggled. Although there’s no single monumental change, the sum of the tweaks leaves characters from the Beta Build in strange shape that would be confusing at best, broken at worst.”
Destiny is set to launch world wide on September the 9th on PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 except in Japan where it's a PlayStation exclusive.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3