Playground: Forza Horizon 2 to be the most social racing game yet
Playground Games has promised that Forza Horizon 2 will be the most social racing game ever.
In their new developer diary (watch above), premiered at Gamescom during the Microsoft press conference, they have detailed the many ways that they are offering players the chance to keep tabs on what their friends are doing even if they're playing in single player.
From being surrounded by friends' Drivatars in single player mode and seeing where your friends are doing on the game's map to seamless lobbyless multiplayer and the new car meet feature that allows car clubs to get together and show off their customized cars and just hang out.
“This is an incredibly social game,” said creative director, Ralph Fulton. “In every sense we've reimagined what a truly next-gen online experience should be. You can play it however you want; do whatever you want. We'd like Horizon 2 to be a game that you play with friends but maybe a game in which you can make new friends.”
Forza Horizon 2 will be released on Xbox One and Xbox 360 on September 30th in North America and October 3rd in Europe.
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May