Playground: Forza Horizon 2 to be the most social racing game yet
Playground Games has promised that Forza Horizon 2 will be the most social racing game ever.
In their new developer diary (watch above), premiered at Gamescom during the Microsoft press conference, they have detailed the many ways that they are offering players the chance to keep tabs on what their friends are doing even if they're playing in single player.
From being surrounded by friends' Drivatars in single player mode and seeing where your friends are doing on the game's map to seamless lobbyless multiplayer and the new car meet feature that allows car clubs to get together and show off their customized cars and just hang out.
“This is an incredibly social game,” said creative director, Ralph Fulton. “In every sense we've reimagined what a truly next-gen online experience should be. You can play it however you want; do whatever you want. We'd like Horizon 2 to be a game that you play with friends but maybe a game in which you can make new friends.”
Forza Horizon 2 will be released on Xbox One and Xbox 360 on September 30th in North America and October 3rd in Europe.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year