EA should buy Take-Two - Scott Miller
3D Realms boss Scott Miller believes EA should take another shot at buying Take-Two, despite EA very publicly giving up their chase of the Grand Theft Auto publisher.
"EA really does need to broaden the number of game brands it can rely on - big hitters like a Call of Duty, Gears of War, GTA, and so on. What's the real shame for them is that they were vigorously pushing for new brands during their recent heyday of soaring stock and untold riches," Miller explains to Gamesauce.
"Like so many other market leaders, they rested on their laurels while Activision - doing its best Avis impersonation ("We're #2, but we try harder") - out-EA'ed EA.
"EA's only chance, in my opinion, is to acquire Take-Two and add GTA, Max Payne, Duke Nukem, BioShock, and Civilization to it's lineup. In fact, they tried acquiring Take-Two already last year. They need to try again."
What are your thoughts on this, players?
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network