EA should buy Take-Two - Scott Miller
3D Realms boss Scott Miller believes EA should take another shot at buying Take-Two, despite EA very publicly giving up their chase of the Grand Theft Auto publisher.
"EA really does need to broaden the number of game brands it can rely on - big hitters like a Call of Duty, Gears of War, GTA, and so on. What's the real shame for them is that they were vigorously pushing for new brands during their recent heyday of soaring stock and untold riches," Miller explains to Gamesauce.
"Like so many other market leaders, they rested on their laurels while Activision - doing its best Avis impersonation ("We're #2, but we try harder") - out-EA'ed EA.
"EA's only chance, in my opinion, is to acquire Take-Two and add GTA, Max Payne, Duke Nukem, BioShock, and Civilization to it's lineup. In fact, they tried acquiring Take-Two already last year. They need to try again."
What are your thoughts on this, players?
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront
- Activision announces details and a release date for Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below