EA should buy Take-Two - Scott Miller
3D Realms boss Scott Miller believes EA should take another shot at buying Take-Two, despite EA very publicly giving up their chase of the Grand Theft Auto publisher.
"EA really does need to broaden the number of game brands it can rely on - big hitters like a Call of Duty, Gears of War, GTA, and so on. What's the real shame for them is that they were vigorously pushing for new brands during their recent heyday of soaring stock and untold riches," Miller explains to Gamesauce.
"Like so many other market leaders, they rested on their laurels while Activision - doing its best Avis impersonation ("We're #2, but we try harder") - out-EA'ed EA.
"EA's only chance, in my opinion, is to acquire Take-Two and add GTA, Max Payne, Duke Nukem, BioShock, and Civilization to it's lineup. In fact, they tried acquiring Take-Two already last year. They need to try again."
What are your thoughts on this, players?
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch
- New featurette release talking about faithfully recreating the artwork from The Legend Of Korra in the new game
- Sony details PS4 update 2.00, Music player is among the highlights
- Runefest 2014 Runescape's most successful fanfest yet
- Project CARS delayed into 2015 to push it out of the busy Christmas release schedule
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection needs a 20 GB day one update because 343 filled up the 45GB game disc
- SEGA announces the Fox Company pre-order bonus for Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault
- Tim Schafer has finally finished writing Broken Age Act 2
- Pachter reckons GTA V won't sell all that well on next-gen consoles, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare should do well though