Iwata says iPad is big iPod Touch
Speaking to the New York Times, Nintendo boss Satoru Iwata has described the iPad as "a bigger iPod Touch".
"There were no surprises for me," the president adds, hinting that he was less than impressed by Steve Jobs' unveiling.
Early feedback on the touch-screen device has been mixed, although there's no doubting the gizmo's gaming potential.
Iwata also played down talk of a new DS, despited previous quotes having been attributed to him, suggesting the next handheld will have motion control capabilities.
- Borderlands multiplayer comes back to life on Steam
- Saints Row creative director Steve Jaros announces he's off to join Valve
- We want to rebuild a player-first culture says EA CEO Andrew Wilson
- WWE 2K15 gets delayed on next-gen
- Playground to add eight new cars to Forza Horizon 2 on launch day, VIP and Car pass details announced
- Touring Car Legends DLC arrives for Grid: Autosport
- Left 4 Dead 2 finally gets an uncensored release in Australia
- Starting Destiny from a “blank canvas” was liberating says Bungie
- Driveclub PS Plus Edition will be an added extra for PS Plus subscribers in October