Iwata says iPad is big iPod Touch
Speaking to the New York Times, Nintendo boss Satoru Iwata has described the iPad as "a bigger iPod Touch".
"There were no surprises for me," the president adds, hinting that he was less than impressed by Steve Jobs' unveiling.
Early feedback on the touch-screen device has been mixed, although there's no doubting the gizmo's gaming potential.
Iwata also played down talk of a new DS, despited previous quotes having been attributed to him, suggesting the next handheld will have motion control capabilities.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year