Iwata says iPad is big iPod Touch
Speaking to the New York Times, Nintendo boss Satoru Iwata has described the iPad as "a bigger iPod Touch".
"There were no surprises for me," the president adds, hinting that he was less than impressed by Steve Jobs' unveiling.
Early feedback on the touch-screen device has been mixed, although there's no doubting the gizmo's gaming potential.
Iwata also played down talk of a new DS, despited previous quotes having been attributed to him, suggesting the next handheld will have motion control capabilities.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3