Iwata says iPad is big iPod Touch
Speaking to the New York Times, Nintendo boss Satoru Iwata has described the iPad as "a bigger iPod Touch".
"There were no surprises for me," the president adds, hinting that he was less than impressed by Steve Jobs' unveiling.
Early feedback on the touch-screen device has been mixed, although there's no doubting the gizmo's gaming potential.
Iwata also played down talk of a new DS, despited previous quotes having been attributed to him, suggesting the next handheld will have motion control capabilities.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side