Iwata says iPad is big iPod Touch
Speaking to the New York Times, Nintendo boss Satoru Iwata has described the iPad as "a bigger iPod Touch".
"There were no surprises for me," the president adds, hinting that he was less than impressed by Steve Jobs' unveiling.
Early feedback on the touch-screen device has been mixed, although there's no doubting the gizmo's gaming potential.
Iwata also played down talk of a new DS, despited previous quotes having been attributed to him, suggesting the next handheld will have motion control capabilities.
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users