NPD: First-party titles almost half of Wii sales
According to NPD's figures, 47 percent of games sold on the Wii are first party titles.
Industry analyst Michael Pachter mooted NPD's figures on a web forum along with his estimate that Wii's user base is almost 75 percent casual gamers.
The average price of a Nintendo title for the Wii is 55.63 USD whereas the third party Wii tiles averaged at just 37.86 USD.
By contrast, Nintendo's own titles accounted for only 32 percent of software sales on the Wii.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date