NPD: First-party titles almost half of Wii sales
According to NPD's figures, 47 percent of games sold on the Wii are first party titles.
Industry analyst Michael Pachter mooted NPD's figures on a web forum along with his estimate that Wii's user base is almost 75 percent casual gamers.
The average price of a Nintendo title for the Wii is 55.63 USD whereas the third party Wii tiles averaged at just 37.86 USD.
By contrast, Nintendo's own titles accounted for only 32 percent of software sales on the Wii.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey