NPD: First-party titles almost half of Wii sales
According to NPD's figures, 47 percent of games sold on the Wii are first party titles.
Industry analyst Michael Pachter mooted NPD's figures on a web forum along with his estimate that Wii's user base is almost 75 percent casual gamers.
The average price of a Nintendo title for the Wii is 55.63 USD whereas the third party Wii tiles averaged at just 37.86 USD.
By contrast, Nintendo's own titles accounted for only 32 percent of software sales on the Wii.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch