NPD: First-party titles almost half of Wii sales
According to NPD's figures, 47 percent of games sold on the Wii are first party titles.
Industry analyst Michael Pachter mooted NPD's figures on a web forum along with his estimate that Wii's user base is almost 75 percent casual gamers.
The average price of a Nintendo title for the Wii is 55.63 USD whereas the third party Wii tiles averaged at just 37.86 USD.
By contrast, Nintendo's own titles accounted for only 32 percent of software sales on the Wii.
- Stealth Inc 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation and Xbox
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power
- Epic has dropped the subscription fee for the Unreal Engine 4
- Rumour: DirectX 12 could allow mixing and matching of AMD and Nvidia GPUs
- No more online modes for Ridge Racer Unbounded in Europe
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler
- EA announces details of Battlefield: Hardline Premium
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive