NPD: First-party titles almost half of Wii sales
According to NPD's figures, 47 percent of games sold on the Wii are first party titles.
Industry analyst Michael Pachter mooted NPD's figures on a web forum along with his estimate that Wii's user base is almost 75 percent casual gamers.
The average price of a Nintendo title for the Wii is 55.63 USD whereas the third party Wii tiles averaged at just 37.86 USD.
By contrast, Nintendo's own titles accounted for only 32 percent of software sales on the Wii.
- Sledgehammer boss confirms no Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U
- Xbox One getting a Reddit app
- Konami releases a hat-trick of new screens for PES 2015
- 500GB hard drive coming for the Xbox 360 soon
- Watch the standard edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt unboxed in 18 seconds flat
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 boxart appears online
- 4A Games boss speaks of sorrow as the studio relocates from Ukraine to Malta
- Wasteland 2 gets a final release date
- Hellblade not tied to Heavenly Sword in any way stresses Ninja Theory