Epic's Rein likes the iPad
Epic's Mark Rein has been one of the first high-profile developers to give his verdict on Apple's new portable device, the iPad.
The Unreal Engine guru seems to have taken quite a shine to Apple's latest experiment.
Rein told Kotaku: "I am really impressed with the iPad. The quality of the materials is outstanding. The screen is amazing and the super-sized apps were fantastic. Everything seems to perform really well on the iPad and I was blown away by the iWork apps - I thought bringing those to iPad was a brilliant move by Apple!"
Rein was also surprised by how good the game demos actually looked.
He said: "I was surprised how good they were considering they only had a few weeks with the device. I think iPad will be great for gaming and I suspect we'll see many games that make use of the differentiated form factor of the iPad."
Epic already have a version of Unreal Engine 3 running on the iPhone so it may not be long before we see something from the Gears of War developer appearing on the iPad.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto