Epic's Rein likes the iPad
Epic's Mark Rein has been one of the first high-profile developers to give his verdict on Apple's new portable device, the iPad.
The Unreal Engine guru seems to have taken quite a shine to Apple's latest experiment.
Rein told Kotaku: "I am really impressed with the iPad. The quality of the materials is outstanding. The screen is amazing and the super-sized apps were fantastic. Everything seems to perform really well on the iPad and I was blown away by the iWork apps - I thought bringing those to iPad was a brilliant move by Apple!"
Rein was also surprised by how good the game demos actually looked.
He said: "I was surprised how good they were considering they only had a few weeks with the device. I think iPad will be great for gaming and I suspect we'll see many games that make use of the differentiated form factor of the iPad."
Epic already have a version of Unreal Engine 3 running on the iPhone so it may not be long before we see something from the Gears of War developer appearing on the iPad.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch