Epic's Rein likes the iPad
Epic's Mark Rein has been one of the first high-profile developers to give his verdict on Apple's new portable device, the iPad.
The Unreal Engine guru seems to have taken quite a shine to Apple's latest experiment.
Rein told Kotaku: "I am really impressed with the iPad. The quality of the materials is outstanding. The screen is amazing and the super-sized apps were fantastic. Everything seems to perform really well on the iPad and I was blown away by the iWork apps - I thought bringing those to iPad was a brilliant move by Apple!"
Rein was also surprised by how good the game demos actually looked.
He said: "I was surprised how good they were considering they only had a few weeks with the device. I think iPad will be great for gaming and I suspect we'll see many games that make use of the differentiated form factor of the iPad."
Epic already have a version of Unreal Engine 3 running on the iPhone so it may not be long before we see something from the Gears of War developer appearing on the iPad.
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year
- Hatred returns to Steam Greenlight
- Work on a Lords Of The Fallen sequel is under way