Epic's Rein likes the iPad
Epic's Mark Rein has been one of the first high-profile developers to give his verdict on Apple's new portable device, the iPad.
The Unreal Engine guru seems to have taken quite a shine to Apple's latest experiment.
Rein told Kotaku: "I am really impressed with the iPad. The quality of the materials is outstanding. The screen is amazing and the super-sized apps were fantastic. Everything seems to perform really well on the iPad and I was blown away by the iWork apps - I thought bringing those to iPad was a brilliant move by Apple!"
Rein was also surprised by how good the game demos actually looked.
He said: "I was surprised how good they were considering they only had a few weeks with the device. I think iPad will be great for gaming and I suspect we'll see many games that make use of the differentiated form factor of the iPad."
Epic already have a version of Unreal Engine 3 running on the iPhone so it may not be long before we see something from the Gears of War developer appearing on the iPad.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year