Epic's Rein likes the iPad
Epic's Mark Rein has been one of the first high-profile developers to give his verdict on Apple's new portable device, the iPad.
The Unreal Engine guru seems to have taken quite a shine to Apple's latest experiment.
Rein told Kotaku: "I am really impressed with the iPad. The quality of the materials is outstanding. The screen is amazing and the super-sized apps were fantastic. Everything seems to perform really well on the iPad and I was blown away by the iWork apps - I thought bringing those to iPad was a brilliant move by Apple!"
Rein was also surprised by how good the game demos actually looked.
He said: "I was surprised how good they were considering they only had a few weeks with the device. I think iPad will be great for gaming and I suspect we'll see many games that make use of the differentiated form factor of the iPad."
Epic already have a version of Unreal Engine 3 running on the iPhone so it may not be long before we see something from the Gears of War developer appearing on the iPad.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey