Futuristic Cities Of Tomorrow expansion arrives for SimCity
A whole host of brand new content arrives to SimCity today courtesy of the Cities Of Tomorrow premium expansion pack.
SimCity mayors will be able to jump ahead in time and carefully build their city balancing the twin compulsions of green and greed to craft their own vision of the future.
Maxis Emeryville GM Patrick Buechner said, “MegaTowers, futurization, and the battle between Green and Greed, these are the main foundations that drive an all-new experience in SimCity Cities of Tomorrow.”
He went on, “This expansion pack completely transforms how you play as you tackle the problems of tomorrow using plausible future technologies. But that technology comes as a price – the clean utopian world of The Academy requires a wealthy workforce that demands a higher style of living. OmegaCo, while extremely profitable, will take its toll on your Sims as the factories devour your natural resources and spit them back out in the form of harmful pollution. There is a new level of challenge waiting for you as the world pushes you back harder than ever before. The city of the future awaits; how it takes shape is up to you.”
The new expansion is available to download on Origin from today for the PC and Mac for 24.99 GBP. Players with the expansion will still be able to play online alongside those that don't have the expansion yet.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year