Futuristic Cities Of Tomorrow expansion arrives for SimCity
A whole host of brand new content arrives to SimCity today courtesy of the Cities Of Tomorrow premium expansion pack.
SimCity mayors will be able to jump ahead in time and carefully build their city balancing the twin compulsions of green and greed to craft their own vision of the future.
Maxis Emeryville GM Patrick Buechner said, “MegaTowers, futurization, and the battle between Green and Greed, these are the main foundations that drive an all-new experience in SimCity Cities of Tomorrow.”
He went on, “This expansion pack completely transforms how you play as you tackle the problems of tomorrow using plausible future technologies. But that technology comes as a price – the clean utopian world of The Academy requires a wealthy workforce that demands a higher style of living. OmegaCo, while extremely profitable, will take its toll on your Sims as the factories devour your natural resources and spit them back out in the form of harmful pollution. There is a new level of challenge waiting for you as the world pushes you back harder than ever before. The city of the future awaits; how it takes shape is up to you.”
The new expansion is available to download on Origin from today for the PC and Mac for 24.99 GBP. Players with the expansion will still be able to play online alongside those that don't have the expansion yet.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year