No compromises in God of War III
God of War III's director, Stig Asmussen has spoke about how they wanted to avoid compromising when bringing to life the final act in Kratos' story of revenge.
In an in depth interview with GamesTM, Asmussen admitted that only the PS3 would be able to do what they had envisioned for Kratos' final meeting with Zeus.
Asmussen said: "When we set out , we were looking at the PlayStation 3 and it was pretty clear that we'd be able to pull this off but we wanted to make sure we didn't compromise anything.
"Once getting into areas where we're feeling that we're going to have to start using smoke and mirrors and start to fake things then there's no point in doing things at all," added Asmussen. "That was our goal - to do it without compromise."
God of War III hits the PS3 in March.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3