EA's Germany-based Phenomic studios are working on a title which will revive the Ultima series.
EA revealed to Gamasutra that Phenomic have been working on a browser-based strategy title based in the Ultima universe.
The game, named Lord of Ultima, is a Settlers-style strategy game that allows palyers to build and manage their own city in Richard Garriot's legendary fantasy setting.
Lord of Ultima is currently in open beta and can be played for free at LordofUltima.com.
Launch dates and potential pricing are still yet to be confirmed by EA.
- EA closes Maxis Emeryville
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2
- Valve settles on a final design for the Steam Controller
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- New Steam Link hardware unveiled by Valve, Steam Controllers dated
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine