EA's Germany-based Phenomic studios are working on a title which will revive the Ultima series.
EA revealed to Gamasutra that Phenomic have been working on a browser-based strategy title based in the Ultima universe.
The game, named Lord of Ultima, is a Settlers-style strategy game that allows palyers to build and manage their own city in Richard Garriot's legendary fantasy setting.
Lord of Ultima is currently in open beta and can be played for free at LordofUltima.com.
Launch dates and potential pricing are still yet to be confirmed by EA.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3