BioWare messes Mass Effect DLC
As if problems with the release of Dragon Age: Origins downloadable content weren't enough, BioWare had troubles with Mass Effect 2 downloads appearing early on Xbox Live - so early, in fact, that the game isn't even available yet.
Joystiq caught the content before it was hurriedly removed from Xbox Live Marketplace. The early launch was obviously unintended considering Mass Effect 2 doesn't go on sale until tomorrow (in the US).
What's worse, however, is that the content was listed as free. For a brief moment in time, the supposedly free-but-you-need-to-pay-an-access-fee content was actually free.
That's over, though, and you'll need to pick up a brand new copy of Mass Effect 2 starting tomorrow in order to avoid having to shell out an additional 15 USD for the previously free downloadable content.
- The Last Team Standing update arrives for GTA Online
- Syndicate spiritual successor Satellite Reign gets a new HD gameplay video
- Last chance to back card-collecting RPG Eminence: Xander's Tales on Kickstarter
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons