'Free' Mass Effect 2 DLC at a cost
Attempting to discourage in advance sales of used copies of Mass Effect 2, EA has placed a premium on its downloadable content network for those not buying a new copy of the game.
The 1200 Microsoft Points charge effective renders the "free" downloadable content portal as a premium. Paying for access to the Mass Effect 2 Cerberus Network and claiming that the content within is free seems rather disingenuous.
At least the downloads are worthwhile. Bitmob reports the first batch offers Normandy Crash Site mission and a new character, Zaeed the bounty hunter.
Of course you can get around paying for access to the DLC by just picking up a brand new copy of Mass Effect 2. Given that it comes out on Tuesday, there's not much chance of picking up a used copy anyway.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey