PS3 passes three million in UK
The PlayStation 3 has now sold in excess of three million units in the UK, Sony have confirmed today.
Price cutting in 2009, not to mention the introduction of the new PS3 Slim is credited with pushing sales of the console - which has suffered in ongoing competition with the Xbox 360, and to a lesser extent the Wii.
The launch of Uncharted 2 late last year is also said to have helped push sales of the system, while big name exclusives like Gran Turismo 5, MAG, Agent, Heavy Rain and more should be with us before 2010 is through.
Sony have already told us they sold a total of 3.8 million consoles worldwide over the Christmas period. More on this as we get it.
- OlliOlli 2 devs Roll7 troll the game's Twitter critics
- DayZ creator teams up with Improbable to make the game worlds he's always wanted
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to the PS4 in the summer
- [Update] Possible March PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up appears on NeoGAF
- Trading gold for subscriptions coming soon to World Of Warcraft
- Unity 5 arrives completely free
- Mad Max gets slated for a September release
- Console ports of Gone Home have been shelved by Fullbright
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain release date leaked, getting an autumn release