PS3 passes three million in UK
The PlayStation 3 has now sold in excess of three million units in the UK, Sony have confirmed today.
Price cutting in 2009, not to mention the introduction of the new PS3 Slim is credited with pushing sales of the console - which has suffered in ongoing competition with the Xbox 360, and to a lesser extent the Wii.
The launch of Uncharted 2 late last year is also said to have helped push sales of the system, while big name exclusives like Gran Turismo 5, MAG, Agent, Heavy Rain and more should be with us before 2010 is through.
Sony have already told us they sold a total of 3.8 million consoles worldwide over the Christmas period. More on this as we get it.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year