PS3 passes three million in UK
The PlayStation 3 has now sold in excess of three million units in the UK, Sony have confirmed today.
Price cutting in 2009, not to mention the introduction of the new PS3 Slim is credited with pushing sales of the console - which has suffered in ongoing competition with the Xbox 360, and to a lesser extent the Wii.
The launch of Uncharted 2 late last year is also said to have helped push sales of the system, while big name exclusives like Gran Turismo 5, MAG, Agent, Heavy Rain and more should be with us before 2010 is through.
Sony have already told us they sold a total of 3.8 million consoles worldwide over the Christmas period. More on this as we get it.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO