PS3 passes three million in UK
The PlayStation 3 has now sold in excess of three million units in the UK, Sony have confirmed today.
Price cutting in 2009, not to mention the introduction of the new PS3 Slim is credited with pushing sales of the console - which has suffered in ongoing competition with the Xbox 360, and to a lesser extent the Wii.
The launch of Uncharted 2 late last year is also said to have helped push sales of the system, while big name exclusives like Gran Turismo 5, MAG, Agent, Heavy Rain and more should be with us before 2010 is through.
Sony have already told us they sold a total of 3.8 million consoles worldwide over the Christmas period. More on this as we get it.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year