Mass Effect 3 for 2011?
Speaking online with MTV this week, BioWare's Casey Hudson has once again been quizzed on Mass Effect 3, the second title in the series very nearly out now.
According to Hudson, number three is likely to arrive in late 2011 or early 2012, PC and Xbox 360 releases already having been hinted at in previous discussions.
"We're already working on Mass Effect 3 right now. We do want to develop it in concert with listening to the way people are experiencing Mass Effect 2. We've got a lot of DLC coming out for Mass Effect 2 that we're also working on, and then we'll kind of blend that into developing and finishing Mass Effect 3," Hudson enthuses.
"We don't want to take forever with it. We want people, to be able to conclude this trilogy, that have been with us over the years... [Development will be] along the same kind of time frame as Mass Effect 2."
Hudson also hints that the conclusion of the Mass Effect trilogy is unlikely to mark the end of the universe overall, future spin-off titles likely.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3