Mass Effect 3 for 2011?
Speaking online with MTV this week, BioWare's Casey Hudson has once again been quizzed on Mass Effect 3, the second title in the series very nearly out now.
According to Hudson, number three is likely to arrive in late 2011 or early 2012, PC and Xbox 360 releases already having been hinted at in previous discussions.
"We're already working on Mass Effect 3 right now. We do want to develop it in concert with listening to the way people are experiencing Mass Effect 2. We've got a lot of DLC coming out for Mass Effect 2 that we're also working on, and then we'll kind of blend that into developing and finishing Mass Effect 3," Hudson enthuses.
"We don't want to take forever with it. We want people, to be able to conclude this trilogy, that have been with us over the years... [Development will be] along the same kind of time frame as Mass Effect 2."
Hudson also hints that the conclusion of the Mass Effect trilogy is unlikely to mark the end of the universe overall, future spin-off titles likely.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year