Mass Effect 3 for 2011?
Speaking online with MTV this week, BioWare's Casey Hudson has once again been quizzed on Mass Effect 3, the second title in the series very nearly out now.
According to Hudson, number three is likely to arrive in late 2011 or early 2012, PC and Xbox 360 releases already having been hinted at in previous discussions.
"We're already working on Mass Effect 3 right now. We do want to develop it in concert with listening to the way people are experiencing Mass Effect 2. We've got a lot of DLC coming out for Mass Effect 2 that we're also working on, and then we'll kind of blend that into developing and finishing Mass Effect 3," Hudson enthuses.
"We don't want to take forever with it. We want people, to be able to conclude this trilogy, that have been with us over the years... [Development will be] along the same kind of time frame as Mass Effect 2."
Hudson also hints that the conclusion of the Mass Effect trilogy is unlikely to mark the end of the universe overall, future spin-off titles likely.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year