Mass Effect 3 for 2011?
Speaking online with MTV this week, BioWare's Casey Hudson has once again been quizzed on Mass Effect 3, the second title in the series very nearly out now.
According to Hudson, number three is likely to arrive in late 2011 or early 2012, PC and Xbox 360 releases already having been hinted at in previous discussions.
"We're already working on Mass Effect 3 right now. We do want to develop it in concert with listening to the way people are experiencing Mass Effect 2. We've got a lot of DLC coming out for Mass Effect 2 that we're also working on, and then we'll kind of blend that into developing and finishing Mass Effect 3," Hudson enthuses.
"We don't want to take forever with it. We want people, to be able to conclude this trilogy, that have been with us over the years... [Development will be] along the same kind of time frame as Mass Effect 2."
Hudson also hints that the conclusion of the Mass Effect trilogy is unlikely to mark the end of the universe overall, future spin-off titles likely.
- EA closes Maxis Emeryville
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2
- Valve settles on a final design for the Steam Controller
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- New Steam Link hardware unveiled by Valve, Steam Controllers dated
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine