DJ Hero tops new games of 2009
Despite limited sales, DJ Hero took the crown for best-selling original game of 2009 thanks to pricey bundles that made it a money maker over other, more popular titles.
Analysis from NPD Group puts Activision's game on top as the highest grossing new game series of last year. That's pretty surprising when you consider 2K had jubilantly proclaimed selling 2 million copies of Borderlands since its October debut.
DJ Hero sold less than half a million copies, but each of those rang up at a minimum 120 USD. The premium Renegade Edition added another 80 USD to the price tag.
In short, DJ Hero managed to beat out Borderlands by virtue of its higher price--not because it was more popular and sold better.
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update