DJ Hero tops new games of 2009
Despite limited sales, DJ Hero took the crown for best-selling original game of 2009 thanks to pricey bundles that made it a money maker over other, more popular titles.
Analysis from NPD Group puts Activision's game on top as the highest grossing new game series of last year. That's pretty surprising when you consider 2K had jubilantly proclaimed selling 2 million copies of Borderlands since its October debut.
DJ Hero sold less than half a million copies, but each of those rang up at a minimum 120 USD. The premium Renegade Edition added another 80 USD to the price tag.
In short, DJ Hero managed to beat out Borderlands by virtue of its higher price--not because it was more popular and sold better.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto