DJ Hero tops new games of 2009
Despite limited sales, DJ Hero took the crown for best-selling original game of 2009 thanks to pricey bundles that made it a money maker over other, more popular titles.
Analysis from NPD Group puts Activision's game on top as the highest grossing new game series of last year. That's pretty surprising when you consider 2K had jubilantly proclaimed selling 2 million copies of Borderlands since its October debut.
DJ Hero sold less than half a million copies, but each of those rang up at a minimum 120 USD. The premium Renegade Edition added another 80 USD to the price tag.
In short, DJ Hero managed to beat out Borderlands by virtue of its higher price--not because it was more popular and sold better.
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 30-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side
- Wonder what Zombie mode looks like for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Here's a trailer
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game
- Dark Souls migration over to Steam delayed into next month now
- Sony to give partial refunds to PS Vita early adopters over misleading launch advertising
- And here's the goodies that Games With Gold will get you in December
- Nival announces beta access and a massive gun for pre-ordering Blitzkrieg 3