DJ Hero tops new games of 2009
Despite limited sales, DJ Hero took the crown for best-selling original game of 2009 thanks to pricey bundles that made it a money maker over other, more popular titles.
Analysis from NPD Group puts Activision's game on top as the highest grossing new game series of last year. That's pretty surprising when you consider 2K had jubilantly proclaimed selling 2 million copies of Borderlands since its October debut.
DJ Hero sold less than half a million copies, but each of those rang up at a minimum 120 USD. The premium Renegade Edition added another 80 USD to the price tag.
In short, DJ Hero managed to beat out Borderlands by virtue of its higher price--not because it was more popular and sold better.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer