DJ Hero tops new games of 2009
Despite limited sales, DJ Hero took the crown for best-selling original game of 2009 thanks to pricey bundles that made it a money maker over other, more popular titles.
Analysis from NPD Group puts Activision's game on top as the highest grossing new game series of last year. That's pretty surprising when you consider 2K had jubilantly proclaimed selling 2 million copies of Borderlands since its October debut.
DJ Hero sold less than half a million copies, but each of those rang up at a minimum 120 USD. The premium Renegade Edition added another 80 USD to the price tag.
In short, DJ Hero managed to beat out Borderlands by virtue of its higher price--not because it was more popular and sold better.
- Here's a bunch of new screenshots of Project CARS running on the Xbox One
- Free Power Of Defiance DLC arrives for Shadow Of Mordor
- Teaser trailer arrives for Telltale's Game Of Thrones
- Tales From The Borderlands to debut this month
- Archwing update arrives for the console versions of Warframe
- Free update and Black Sea Colonies DLC arrives for Total War: Rome II
- Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions coming next week
- World Of Warcraft subs jump back over the 10 million mark with the release of Warlords Of Draenor
- F1 2014 gets a new trailer to celebrate the F1 season finale at the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi