Star Trek Online servers overloaded
The tremendous response to the Star Trek Online beta caught developer Cryptic by surprise, prompting immediate work on server expansion and optimisation to accommodate the larger-than-expected number of players.
Posting on the game's official website, Cryptic confessed joyous shock at the overwhelming enthusiasm for the beta that has resulted in overloaded servers and crazy crashes.
"The actual numbers crushed our predictions. So, we tore apart our logs and began doing a lot of extra optimisation work even while we stumbled upon some truly bizarre crashes that can only appear with this sort of load."
Improvements are promised over the course of the next week in anticipation of the game's February 2 official launch.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side