Star Trek Online servers overloaded
The tremendous response to the Star Trek Online beta caught developer Cryptic by surprise, prompting immediate work on server expansion and optimisation to accommodate the larger-than-expected number of players.
Posting on the game's official website, Cryptic confessed joyous shock at the overwhelming enthusiasm for the beta that has resulted in overloaded servers and crazy crashes.
"The actual numbers crushed our predictions. So, we tore apart our logs and began doing a lot of extra optimisation work even while we stumbled upon some truly bizarre crashes that can only appear with this sort of load."
Improvements are promised over the course of the next week in anticipation of the game's February 2 official launch.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III