Star Trek Online servers overloaded
The tremendous response to the Star Trek Online beta caught developer Cryptic by surprise, prompting immediate work on server expansion and optimisation to accommodate the larger-than-expected number of players.
Posting on the game's official website, Cryptic confessed joyous shock at the overwhelming enthusiasm for the beta that has resulted in overloaded servers and crazy crashes.
"The actual numbers crushed our predictions. So, we tore apart our logs and began doing a lot of extra optimisation work even while we stumbled upon some truly bizarre crashes that can only appear with this sort of load."
Improvements are promised over the course of the next week in anticipation of the game's February 2 official launch.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone