Star Trek Online servers overloaded
The tremendous response to the Star Trek Online beta caught developer Cryptic by surprise, prompting immediate work on server expansion and optimisation to accommodate the larger-than-expected number of players.
Posting on the game's official website, Cryptic confessed joyous shock at the overwhelming enthusiasm for the beta that has resulted in overloaded servers and crazy crashes.
"The actual numbers crushed our predictions. So, we tore apart our logs and began doing a lot of extra optimisation work even while we stumbled upon some truly bizarre crashes that can only appear with this sort of load."
Improvements are promised over the course of the next week in anticipation of the game's February 2 official launch.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto