Star Trek Online servers overloaded
The tremendous response to the Star Trek Online beta caught developer Cryptic by surprise, prompting immediate work on server expansion and optimisation to accommodate the larger-than-expected number of players.
Posting on the game's official website, Cryptic confessed joyous shock at the overwhelming enthusiasm for the beta that has resulted in overloaded servers and crazy crashes.
"The actual numbers crushed our predictions. So, we tore apart our logs and began doing a lot of extra optimisation work even while we stumbled upon some truly bizarre crashes that can only appear with this sort of load."
Improvements are promised over the course of the next week in anticipation of the game's February 2 official launch.
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update