1.7m buy The Beatles: Rock Band
Despite a sluggish start, The Beatles: Rock Band has now managed to rack-up impressive sales in excess of 1.7 million, according to the LA Times.
Apparently, 69 percent of sales (1.18 million) came in the US, with over 357,000 copies sold in December alone.
By comparison, the latest Guitar Hero (number five) managed sales just shy of a million in 2009 - presumably giving EA and Harmonix cause to celebrate.
We'll have more music game news as we get it.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3