GTA: Chinatown Wars on iPhone
With little pre-release buzz or fanfare, Rockstar has unexpectedly released portable thriller Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars for iPhone and iPod touch at a surprisingly low price.
Price pressure on the App Store has lowered the cost of the game to 5.99 GBP / 9.99 USD, which contrasts with the more expensive DS and PSP versions. The game currently goes for more than quadruple the price on PSP when downloaded via the PlayStation Store.
Despite the cheaper price, Chinatown Wars remains intact with modifications to radio stations and minor graphics tweaks made to ensure a reasonable download file size. The catch is that it doesn't work on older iPod models and requires the latest iPhone OS firmware to run.
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars is available now on the App Store.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year