GTA: Chinatown Wars on iPhone
With little pre-release buzz or fanfare, Rockstar has unexpectedly released portable thriller Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars for iPhone and iPod touch at a surprisingly low price.
Price pressure on the App Store has lowered the cost of the game to 5.99 GBP / 9.99 USD, which contrasts with the more expensive DS and PSP versions. The game currently goes for more than quadruple the price on PSP when downloaded via the PlayStation Store.
Despite the cheaper price, Chinatown Wars remains intact with modifications to radio stations and minor graphics tweaks made to ensure a reasonable download file size. The catch is that it doesn't work on older iPod models and requires the latest iPhone OS firmware to run.
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars is available now on the App Store.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title