GTA: Chinatown Wars on iPhone
With little pre-release buzz or fanfare, Rockstar has unexpectedly released portable thriller Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars for iPhone and iPod touch at a surprisingly low price.
Price pressure on the App Store has lowered the cost of the game to 5.99 GBP / 9.99 USD, which contrasts with the more expensive DS and PSP versions. The game currently goes for more than quadruple the price on PSP when downloaded via the PlayStation Store.
Despite the cheaper price, Chinatown Wars remains intact with modifications to radio stations and minor graphics tweaks made to ensure a reasonable download file size. The catch is that it doesn't work on older iPod models and requires the latest iPhone OS firmware to run.
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars is available now on the App Store.
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side
- Wonder what Zombie mode looks like for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Here's a trailer
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game
- Dark Souls migration over to Steam delayed into next month now
- Sony to give partial refunds to PS Vita early adopters over misleading launch advertising
- And here's the goodies that Games With Gold will get you in December
- Nival announces beta access and a massive gun for pre-ordering Blitzkrieg 3
- Evolve developers promise that all map DLC will be free