GTA: Chinatown Wars on iPhone
With little pre-release buzz or fanfare, Rockstar has unexpectedly released portable thriller Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars for iPhone and iPod touch at a surprisingly low price.
Price pressure on the App Store has lowered the cost of the game to 5.99 GBP / 9.99 USD, which contrasts with the more expensive DS and PSP versions. The game currently goes for more than quadruple the price on PSP when downloaded via the PlayStation Store.
Despite the cheaper price, Chinatown Wars remains intact with modifications to radio stations and minor graphics tweaks made to ensure a reasonable download file size. The catch is that it doesn't work on older iPod models and requires the latest iPhone OS firmware to run.
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars is available now on the App Store.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3