GTA: Chinatown Wars on iPhone
With little pre-release buzz or fanfare, Rockstar has unexpectedly released portable thriller Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars for iPhone and iPod touch at a surprisingly low price.
Price pressure on the App Store has lowered the cost of the game to 5.99 GBP / 9.99 USD, which contrasts with the more expensive DS and PSP versions. The game currently goes for more than quadruple the price on PSP when downloaded via the PlayStation Store.
Despite the cheaper price, Chinatown Wars remains intact with modifications to radio stations and minor graphics tweaks made to ensure a reasonable download file size. The catch is that it doesn't work on older iPod models and requires the latest iPhone OS firmware to run.
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars is available now on the App Store.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One