Activision CEO confirms DJ Hero 2
Activision isn't letting much time pass before giving DJ Hero another shot with a proper sequel confirmed for release before the end of the year.
Activision CEO Bobby Kotick revealed to Game Informer a DJ Hero follow up is in the works and will be out sometime in 2010.
"I think DJ Hero is a really innovative product. I can't wait for you to see next year's. That's the thing; we're sticking with it. We'll stick with it and get it right."
Just to clarify, the interview was conducted in late 2009; as such, Kotick's reference to "next year's" refers to 2010. Autumn seems a likely release for DJ Hero 2, which will feature a new slate of artists and remixed gameplay elements.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3