Mass Effect 2 DLC on launch day
No waiting for downloadable content following the release of space-faring RPG Mass Effect 2, as BioWare has announced that add-ons will be available for download as soon as the game hits stores later this month.
On the official Mass Effect 2 Twitter feed, BioWare addressed rumours of day-one DLC by confirming that add-on content will be available free of charge.
"Addressing rumors: BioWare will not be charging extra for any new Mass Effect 2 content on launch day."
We don't know what kind of DLC will be offered, but since it's a freebie it likely will take the form of new weapons, abilities, or other simple add-on. Consider it a kick off, as BioWare has pledged tons of DLC for the game in the months following its release next week.
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released