EA to resurrect Command & Conquer at a new development studio
Last month EA canned their next Command & Conquer game and closed the developer Victory Studios.
Now it appears that the game itself isn't entirely dead in the water. EA has confirmed on their support site that the development will resume at a new studio.
The post stated (for the benefit of those that bought the C&C Ultimate Collection with the promise of beta access), "For those of you who bought The C&C Ultimate Collection, your early access to the beta will be honored once production of this title resumes under a new studio."
The new title was cancelled due to it's lacklustre reception during its alpha testing phase.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3