Japan: Kingdom Hearts topples Mario
Square Enix have returned to the top of the sales charts in Japan this week with their latest entry in the Kingdom Hearts series.
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep on PSP has sold a whopping 446,000 copies in its first week, besting New Super Mario Brothers Wii by almost 300,000 sales.
However, Nintendo still dominate on their home turf with seven of the top ten games in Japan being on either Wii or DS.
Joining Kingdom Hearts in the minority is Final Fantasy XIII, which has slipped to sixth after dominating the Christmas period, and SEGA's Phantasy Star Portable 2 on PSP.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3