Japan: Kingdom Hearts topples Mario
Square Enix have returned to the top of the sales charts in Japan this week with their latest entry in the Kingdom Hearts series.
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep on PSP has sold a whopping 446,000 copies in its first week, besting New Super Mario Brothers Wii by almost 300,000 sales.
However, Nintendo still dominate on their home turf with seven of the top ten games in Japan being on either Wii or DS.
Joining Kingdom Hearts in the minority is Final Fantasy XIII, which has slipped to sixth after dominating the Christmas period, and SEGA's Phantasy Star Portable 2 on PSP.
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year
- Hatred returns to Steam Greenlight