Japan: Kingdom Hearts topples Mario
Square Enix have returned to the top of the sales charts in Japan this week with their latest entry in the Kingdom Hearts series.
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep on PSP has sold a whopping 446,000 copies in its first week, besting New Super Mario Brothers Wii by almost 300,000 sales.
However, Nintendo still dominate on their home turf with seven of the top ten games in Japan being on either Wii or DS.
Joining Kingdom Hearts in the minority is Final Fantasy XIII, which has slipped to sixth after dominating the Christmas period, and SEGA's Phantasy Star Portable 2 on PSP.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch