EA doubt the Tiger?
It seems that EA may have less faith in Tiger Woods than they previously claimed.
It has emerged that EA Sports are conducting a survey via Greenfield Online as to public opinions on whether Tiger Wood's recent marital troubles have had an effect on the marketability of his gaming franchise.
President of EA Sports, Peter Moore, said recently in support of the disgraced golf superstar: "By his own admission, he's made some mistakes off the course. But regardless of what's happening in his personal life, and regardless of his decision to take a personal leave from the sport, Tiger Woods is still one of the greatest athletes in history."
However, the intent is pretty clear as this question featured in the poll shows: "EA Sports makes a Tiger Woods video game. Has the controversy made your impressions of EA Sports more or less favourable, or has it had no impact?"
The signs are not good. While EA Sports currently remains committed to Tiger Wood Online, could this spell the end of the Tiger Woods franchise?
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3