EA doubt the Tiger?
It seems that EA may have less faith in Tiger Woods than they previously claimed.
It has emerged that EA Sports are conducting a survey via Greenfield Online as to public opinions on whether Tiger Wood's recent marital troubles have had an effect on the marketability of his gaming franchise.
President of EA Sports, Peter Moore, said recently in support of the disgraced golf superstar: "By his own admission, he's made some mistakes off the course. But regardless of what's happening in his personal life, and regardless of his decision to take a personal leave from the sport, Tiger Woods is still one of the greatest athletes in history."
However, the intent is pretty clear as this question featured in the poll shows: "EA Sports makes a Tiger Woods video game. Has the controversy made your impressions of EA Sports more or less favourable, or has it had no impact?"
The signs are not good. While EA Sports currently remains committed to Tiger Wood Online, could this spell the end of the Tiger Woods franchise?
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny