Official: Netflix comes to Wii
The US movie streaming giant Netflix has finally scored its console hat trick by bringing its service to the Wii.
It was widely claimed that Nintendo's console was unable to handle streaming movies. Today detractors were proved wrong.
Speaking to the New York Times, Reggie Fils-Aime, head of Nintendo of America, said: "[The Netflix deal] is a continuation of an effort to bring more and more entertainment to consumers who interact with the Wii."
The new support for the Wii opens up Netflix to a potential customer base of 26 million but it will require a disc in order for the Wii to be able to access the service as with the PS3.
- Elite: Dangerous is a timed exclusive on the Xbox One, PS4 version is coming too
- Phil Harrison rumoured to be leaving Microsoft
- EA closes Maxis Emeryville
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2
- Valve settles on a final design for the Steam Controller
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain