Official: Netflix comes to Wii
The US movie streaming giant Netflix has finally scored its console hat trick by bringing its service to the Wii.
It was widely claimed that Nintendo's console was unable to handle streaming movies. Today detractors were proved wrong.
Speaking to the New York Times, Reggie Fils-Aime, head of Nintendo of America, said: "[The Netflix deal] is a continuation of an effort to bring more and more entertainment to consumers who interact with the Wii."
The new support for the Wii opens up Netflix to a potential customer base of 26 million but it will require a disc in order for the Wii to be able to access the service as with the PS3.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light