Official: Netflix comes to Wii
The US movie streaming giant Netflix has finally scored its console hat trick by bringing its service to the Wii.
It was widely claimed that Nintendo's console was unable to handle streaming movies. Today detractors were proved wrong.
Speaking to the New York Times, Reggie Fils-Aime, head of Nintendo of America, said: "[The Netflix deal] is a continuation of an effort to bring more and more entertainment to consumers who interact with the Wii."
The new support for the Wii opens up Netflix to a potential customer base of 26 million but it will require a disc in order for the Wii to be able to access the service as with the PS3.
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users
- Bungie releases the official Destiny launch gameplay trailer
- Codemasters releases a new Austria hotlap video for F1 2014
- Eden Hazard joins Lionel Messi on the cover of FIFA 15
- PS Vita getting a five-game Adventure Mega Pack hardware bundle
- Lords Of The Fallen has “a steep learning curve”
- PS4 trailer arrives for Dreamfall Chapters, and some screenshots too