Official: Netflix comes to Wii
The US movie streaming giant Netflix has finally scored its console hat trick by bringing its service to the Wii.
It was widely claimed that Nintendo's console was unable to handle streaming movies. Today detractors were proved wrong.
Speaking to the New York Times, Reggie Fils-Aime, head of Nintendo of America, said: "[The Netflix deal] is a continuation of an effort to bring more and more entertainment to consumers who interact with the Wii."
The new support for the Wii opens up Netflix to a potential customer base of 26 million but it will require a disc in order for the Wii to be able to access the service as with the PS3.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter