Official: Netflix comes to Wii
The US movie streaming giant Netflix has finally scored its console hat trick by bringing its service to the Wii.
It was widely claimed that Nintendo's console was unable to handle streaming movies. Today detractors were proved wrong.
Speaking to the New York Times, Reggie Fils-Aime, head of Nintendo of America, said: "[The Netflix deal] is a continuation of an effort to bring more and more entertainment to consumers who interact with the Wii."
The new support for the Wii opens up Netflix to a potential customer base of 26 million but it will require a disc in order for the Wii to be able to access the service as with the PS3.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey