Netflix set for Wii this spring
The Nintendo Wii will - as rumoured - be getting the Netflix movies on demand service, with a release this spring said to be on the cards.
"From Day 1, we always had other capabilities within the console," enthuses US boss Reggie Fils-Aime. He added that this new service is "is a continuation of an effort to bring more and more entertainment to consumers who interact with the Wii."
"Our growth in the last two years has been propelled in large part by our investments in streaming content and in the streaming platform," adds Reed Hastings, Netflix boss.
"When the Wii application ships, it's going to really open up a large additional opportunity."
As with the PS3 version, a disc will be required on the Wii. More on this expected soon.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III