Netflix set for Wii this spring
The Nintendo Wii will - as rumoured - be getting the Netflix movies on demand service, with a release this spring said to be on the cards.
"From Day 1, we always had other capabilities within the console," enthuses US boss Reggie Fils-Aime. He added that this new service is "is a continuation of an effort to bring more and more entertainment to consumers who interact with the Wii."
"Our growth in the last two years has been propelled in large part by our investments in streaming content and in the streaming platform," adds Reed Hastings, Netflix boss.
"When the Wii application ships, it's going to really open up a large additional opportunity."
As with the PS3 version, a disc will be required on the Wii. More on this expected soon.
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today