Netflix set for Wii this spring
The Nintendo Wii will - as rumoured - be getting the Netflix movies on demand service, with a release this spring said to be on the cards.
"From Day 1, we always had other capabilities within the console," enthuses US boss Reggie Fils-Aime. He added that this new service is "is a continuation of an effort to bring more and more entertainment to consumers who interact with the Wii."
"Our growth in the last two years has been propelled in large part by our investments in streaming content and in the streaming platform," adds Reed Hastings, Netflix boss.
"When the Wii application ships, it's going to really open up a large additional opportunity."
As with the PS3 version, a disc will be required on the Wii. More on this expected soon.
- Watch Us Play.tm: Metro Redux
- Capcom suing Koei Tecmo for a lot of patent infringement
- New fighters and gameply features come in with EA Sports UFC's second free update
- NHL 15 demo faces off on PS4 and Xbox One
- Chair bringing the Infinity Blade saga to a close next week
- Watchmen and Dexter actors provide the voices for The Evil Within
- Square Enix apologises over confusion surrounding the Rise Of The Tomb Raider announcement
- Antitrust issues caused Google to back out of buying Twitch
- Metro Redux launch trailer arrives as the collection launches in North America