Rogue Trooper dev on cutting block
Rebellion's Derby studio, which handled the poorly received Rogue Trooper published by Bethesda, looks increasingly likely for closure according to a statement by the company today.
A string of critical and commercial failures have placed Rebellion Derby in dire straits, making it the target of restructuring layoffs expected to take effect in the very near future.
Rebellion CEO Jason Kingsley addressed concerns over the studio's closure, hinting at possible relocation for some staff members to either Liverpool or Oxford satellites. "Strategically we have decided to review the need for the Derby facilities, and consultation with staff at Derby is ongoing."
With that kind of statement, it seems clear Derby's days are numbered. Best of luck to the staff.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015