Rogue Trooper dev on cutting block
Rebellion's Derby studio, which handled the poorly received Rogue Trooper published by Bethesda, looks increasingly likely for closure according to a statement by the company today.
A string of critical and commercial failures have placed Rebellion Derby in dire straits, making it the target of restructuring layoffs expected to take effect in the very near future.
Rebellion CEO Jason Kingsley addressed concerns over the studio's closure, hinting at possible relocation for some staff members to either Liverpool or Oxford satellites. "Strategically we have decided to review the need for the Derby facilities, and consultation with staff at Derby is ongoing."
With that kind of statement, it seems clear Derby's days are numbered. Best of luck to the staff.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny