Rogue Trooper dev on cutting block
Rebellion's Derby studio, which handled the poorly received Rogue Trooper published by Bethesda, looks increasingly likely for closure according to a statement by the company today.
A string of critical and commercial failures have placed Rebellion Derby in dire straits, making it the target of restructuring layoffs expected to take effect in the very near future.
Rebellion CEO Jason Kingsley addressed concerns over the studio's closure, hinting at possible relocation for some staff members to either Liverpool or Oxford satellites. "Strategically we have decided to review the need for the Derby facilities, and consultation with staff at Derby is ongoing."
With that kind of statement, it seems clear Derby's days are numbered. Best of luck to the staff.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light