Rogue Trooper dev on cutting block
Rebellion's Derby studio, which handled the poorly received Rogue Trooper published by Bethesda, looks increasingly likely for closure according to a statement by the company today.
A string of critical and commercial failures have placed Rebellion Derby in dire straits, making it the target of restructuring layoffs expected to take effect in the very near future.
Rebellion CEO Jason Kingsley addressed concerns over the studio's closure, hinting at possible relocation for some staff members to either Liverpool or Oxford satellites. "Strategically we have decided to review the need for the Derby facilities, and consultation with staff at Derby is ongoing."
With that kind of statement, it seems clear Derby's days are numbered. Best of luck to the staff.
- BioShock Infinite: Complete Edition coming this November
- Final piece of Dark Souls II DLC is delayed, new screenshots released to soothe the pain
- Eden Hazard shows off some of his new skill moves from FIFA 15
- Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass comes with a 2.5D standalone adventure set in China
- Saints Row IV modders create a new weapon skin for the Alien SMG in honour of Steve Jaros' departure
- PlayStation TV gets a release date for Europe and the US
- Driveclub gets a white PS4 hardware bundle
- Sony offering up a free online multiplayer weekend on PS4 this weekend
- Sledgehammer promises a reveal of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare co-op mode soon