Rogue Trooper dev on cutting block
Rebellion's Derby studio, which handled the poorly received Rogue Trooper published by Bethesda, looks increasingly likely for closure according to a statement by the company today.
A string of critical and commercial failures have placed Rebellion Derby in dire straits, making it the target of restructuring layoffs expected to take effect in the very near future.
Rebellion CEO Jason Kingsley addressed concerns over the studio's closure, hinting at possible relocation for some staff members to either Liverpool or Oxford satellites. "Strategically we have decided to review the need for the Derby facilities, and consultation with staff at Derby is ongoing."
With that kind of statement, it seems clear Derby's days are numbered. Best of luck to the staff.
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today
- Over 2000 developers sign an open letter calling for the community to take a stand against harassment
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date