Platform feature set and Xbox Live presence behind Insomniac's choice to make Sunset Overdrive and Xbox One exclusive
Insomniac boss Ted Price has been talking about their reasons for bringing Sunset Overdrive to Xbox One as a platform exclusive title.
Price revealed that Microsoft had offered things in terms of the features and Xbox Live presence that made them feel that offering Sunset Overdrive as an Xbox One exclusive was the right thing to do.
“We have a long history and great relationship with Sony and we will continue to work closely with them moving forward,” Price began. “However when Microsoft announced the Xbox One we felt that what Microsoft was offering in terms of the platform feature set and Xbox Live presence was a great match for Sunset Overdrive.
“For example,” he added, “our multiplayer mode in the game called Chaos Squad supports eight players traversing a giant open world together to take on randomized missions. This is not a simple feature to create. Yet Microsoft’s muscle on the platform and Xbox Live fronts has been invaluable in helping us create a unique multiplayer experience. Furthermore the overall partnership has been seamless, and we’ve been extremely happy with the level of support and commitment we’ve received for Sunset Overdrive.”
Sunset Overdrive will arrive on Xbox One on October the 28th and is to receive a special white console hardware bundle. Click through the image above for a full gallery of colourful Sunset Overdrive screenshots.
- Possible dates for the Steam Summer Sale appear online
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 doesn't appear in Square Enix's financials for this year
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week with new gear and rewards
- Titanfall developers Respawn won't be at E3 this year
- Destiny: Xur's location and stock for May 28th
- Destiny's Trials Of Osiris declared a success, Bungie bans cheaters
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer