Platform feature set and Xbox Live presence behind Insomniac's choice to make Sunset Overdrive and Xbox One exclusive
Insomniac boss Ted Price has been talking about their reasons for bringing Sunset Overdrive to Xbox One as a platform exclusive title.
Price revealed that Microsoft had offered things in terms of the features and Xbox Live presence that made them feel that offering Sunset Overdrive as an Xbox One exclusive was the right thing to do.
“We have a long history and great relationship with Sony and we will continue to work closely with them moving forward,” Price began. “However when Microsoft announced the Xbox One we felt that what Microsoft was offering in terms of the platform feature set and Xbox Live presence was a great match for Sunset Overdrive.
“For example,” he added, “our multiplayer mode in the game called Chaos Squad supports eight players traversing a giant open world together to take on randomized missions. This is not a simple feature to create. Yet Microsoft’s muscle on the platform and Xbox Live fronts has been invaluable in helping us create a unique multiplayer experience. Furthermore the overall partnership has been seamless, and we’ve been extremely happy with the level of support and commitment we’ve received for Sunset Overdrive.”
Sunset Overdrive will arrive on Xbox One on October the 28th and is to receive a special white console hardware bundle. Click through the image above for a full gallery of colourful Sunset Overdrive screenshots.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year