Netflix on Wii looks likely
Already available on Xbox 360 and PS3, Netflix could expand to Nintendo's console within the year if comments from the company's chief executive are any indication.
Engadget quotes Netflix CEO Richard Hastings as confident the streaming video service could launch on Wii.
"Getting on Nintendo...our chances are excellent," Hastings said.
Although Hastings didn't specify interest in Wii or DS, it would seem clear that Netflix would make the most sense on Wii. Nintendo has previously partnered with Panasonic to release a DVD-enabled Wii in Japan, so it doesn't seem like a stretch for Netflix to extend to Wii.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title