Netflix on Wii looks likely
Already available on Xbox 360 and PS3, Netflix could expand to Nintendo's console within the year if comments from the company's chief executive are any indication.
Engadget quotes Netflix CEO Richard Hastings as confident the streaming video service could launch on Wii.
"Getting on Nintendo...our chances are excellent," Hastings said.
Although Hastings didn't specify interest in Wii or DS, it would seem clear that Netflix would make the most sense on Wii. Nintendo has previously partnered with Panasonic to release a DVD-enabled Wii in Japan, so it doesn't seem like a stretch for Netflix to extend to Wii.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3