EA planning NBA Jam revival
As rumoured last week, NBA Jam is on the way back to a video games system near you - EA Sports confirming that the title will be created afresh for the Wii console.
NBA Jam will be released on Nintendo's lounge box this very year, with a fresh take on this retro smash promised.
"NBA JAM is one of the most recognizable franchises in videogame history," offers EA Sports president, Peter Moore.
"Diehard fans of the original game have been asking for a remake for more than a decade. We're very excited to give them their wish this year with the return of this iconic franchise."
A mix of old and new gameplay is planned, alongside a unique visual look inspired by the first game's 1993 debut. EA Vancouver will develop.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3