EA planning NBA Jam revival
As rumoured last week, NBA Jam is on the way back to a video games system near you - EA Sports confirming that the title will be created afresh for the Wii console.
NBA Jam will be released on Nintendo's lounge box this very year, with a fresh take on this retro smash promised.
"NBA JAM is one of the most recognizable franchises in videogame history," offers EA Sports president, Peter Moore.
"Diehard fans of the original game have been asking for a remake for more than a decade. We're very excited to give them their wish this year with the return of this iconic franchise."
A mix of old and new gameplay is planned, alongside a unique visual look inspired by the first game's 1993 debut. EA Vancouver will develop.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch