Wii ports unwise for Project Natal
Microsoft director of product management for Xbox Aaron Greenberg stressed the importance of creating new, original games for Project Natal when speaking with Kotaku during CES over the weekend.
Greenberg specifically mentioned the concept of porting over motion-controlled Wii games, saying that repackaging such titles for Project Natal would be a bad idea.
"Because we are doing something completely original, I don't think you will see Wii games ported over."
He continues by highlighting the difference between Project Natal's motion-sensing technology and the motion-controller employed by Nintendo's console. That fundamental difference, according to Greenberg, makes the idea of porting over hit Wii games a bad one.
We'll know for sure when Project Natal arrives in holiday 2010.
- The Behemoth teases their fourth game, it will be playable at PAX Prime
- Sins Of A Solar Empire devs Ironclad successfully defends their use word Rebellion in one of their game titles
- Just Cause devs Avalanche have some surprises planned for 2015
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham gets a new Braniac trailer
- Sledgehammer boss confirms no Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U
- Xbox One getting a Reddit app
- Konami releases a hat-trick of new screens for PES 2015
- 500GB hard drive coming for the Xbox 360 soon
- Watch the standard edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt unboxed in 18 seconds flat