Wii ports unwise for Project Natal
Microsoft director of product management for Xbox Aaron Greenberg stressed the importance of creating new, original games for Project Natal when speaking with Kotaku during CES over the weekend.
Greenberg specifically mentioned the concept of porting over motion-controlled Wii games, saying that repackaging such titles for Project Natal would be a bad idea.
"Because we are doing something completely original, I don't think you will see Wii games ported over."
He continues by highlighting the difference between Project Natal's motion-sensing technology and the motion-controller employed by Nintendo's console. That fundamental difference, according to Greenberg, makes the idea of porting over hit Wii games a bad one.
We'll know for sure when Project Natal arrives in holiday 2010.
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today
- Evolve's first load of DLC arrives today for Xbox One
- Lords Of The Fallen exec producer confirms a sequel is in production
- Pacman takes over Google Maps
- Techland warns of contaminated Antizin hitting Dying Light tomorrow
- Speedrunner beats Bloodborne in just 44 minutes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May