Wii ports unwise for Project Natal
Microsoft director of product management for Xbox Aaron Greenberg stressed the importance of creating new, original games for Project Natal when speaking with Kotaku during CES over the weekend.
Greenberg specifically mentioned the concept of porting over motion-controlled Wii games, saying that repackaging such titles for Project Natal would be a bad idea.
"Because we are doing something completely original, I don't think you will see Wii games ported over."
He continues by highlighting the difference between Project Natal's motion-sensing technology and the motion-controller employed by Nintendo's console. That fundamental difference, according to Greenberg, makes the idea of porting over hit Wii games a bad one.
We'll know for sure when Project Natal arrives in holiday 2010.
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan