Wii ports unwise for Project Natal
Microsoft director of product management for Xbox Aaron Greenberg stressed the importance of creating new, original games for Project Natal when speaking with Kotaku during CES over the weekend.
Greenberg specifically mentioned the concept of porting over motion-controlled Wii games, saying that repackaging such titles for Project Natal would be a bad idea.
"Because we are doing something completely original, I don't think you will see Wii games ported over."
He continues by highlighting the difference between Project Natal's motion-sensing technology and the motion-controller employed by Nintendo's console. That fundamental difference, according to Greenberg, makes the idea of porting over hit Wii games a bad one.
We'll know for sure when Project Natal arrives in holiday 2010.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3