Wii ports unwise for Project Natal
Microsoft director of product management for Xbox Aaron Greenberg stressed the importance of creating new, original games for Project Natal when speaking with Kotaku during CES over the weekend.
Greenberg specifically mentioned the concept of porting over motion-controlled Wii games, saying that repackaging such titles for Project Natal would be a bad idea.
"Because we are doing something completely original, I don't think you will see Wii games ported over."
He continues by highlighting the difference between Project Natal's motion-sensing technology and the motion-controller employed by Nintendo's console. That fundamental difference, according to Greenberg, makes the idea of porting over hit Wii games a bad one.
We'll know for sure when Project Natal arrives in holiday 2010.
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler
- EA announces details of Battlefield: Hardline Premium
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive
- Trevor looks even more ravaged by time and crystal meth in these new GTA V PC screens
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users