Wii leads Japanese hardware chart
The Wii console tops the latest Japanese hardware chart, the console selling over 163,000 units for the week ending January 3rd.
The PS3 has done well in recent weeks, following the release of Final Fantasy XIII, although sales of the console have slipped in recent days.
The PSP was second on the chart with nearly 133,000 sales, followed by the PS3 with 114,000 and the DSi with 92,000.
Then there's the DSi LL on an also-impressive 70,000, followed by the DS Lite on 17,000. The Xbox 360 is well off the pace on less than 7,000, followed by the PS2 on 4,000 and the PSP Go on a couple of hundred units less.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release