Wii leads Japanese hardware chart
The Wii console tops the latest Japanese hardware chart, the console selling over 163,000 units for the week ending January 3rd.
The PS3 has done well in recent weeks, following the release of Final Fantasy XIII, although sales of the console have slipped in recent days.
The PSP was second on the chart with nearly 133,000 sales, followed by the PS3 with 114,000 and the DSi with 92,000.
Then there's the DSi LL on an also-impressive 70,000, followed by the DS Lite on 17,000. The Xbox 360 is well off the pace on less than 7,000, followed by the PS2 on 4,000 and the PSP Go on a couple of hundred units less.
- Deep Silver to publish Kenji Inafune's Mighty No. 9, heading for a September release
- D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is coming to PC
- Konami voluntarily delists itself from the New York Stock Exchange
- Paid Skyrim mods become the shortest experiment in Steam history
- Warner Bros announces Batman: Arkham Knight Season Pass and Premium Edition
- New Just Cause 3 gameplay trailer features all of the destruction
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch