US student breaks GTA IV record
An American student from Tennessee has broken the time-record for completing Rockstar behemoth GTA IV. David Scherer broken the previous best by a minute.
The previous record of 40 hours 20 minutes was held by an Indian equity broker called Chirantan Patnaik, but this previous benchmark has now been pipped.
Speaking on US TV (thanks Kotaku), Scherer also said that he completed more of the game than the previous record holder, only going to the toilet three times in the process.
Scherer undertook the record to raise money for his swimming team, who want to build an indoor pool.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer