3D coming to PS3
Sony boss Kaz Hirai's presentation to this year's Consumer Electronics Show was about more than just PS3 sales figures.
This year will see the PlayStation 3 become fully compatible with the 3D revolution, the big cheese tells us.
In anticipation of Sony's new range of 3D Bravia TVs, the PS3 will receive two firmware upgrades this year that will make it fully compatible with the next generation of 3D displays.
The updates, coupled with the increase in the capacity of the Blu-ray discs, will see the PS3 aiming to lead the way in 3D home entertainment.
The PS3 has already seen the beginnings of 3D gaming with the game adaptation of James Cameron's Avatar.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer