3D coming to PS3
Sony boss Kaz Hirai's presentation to this year's Consumer Electronics Show was about more than just PS3 sales figures.
This year will see the PlayStation 3 become fully compatible with the 3D revolution, the big cheese tells us.
In anticipation of Sony's new range of 3D Bravia TVs, the PS3 will receive two firmware upgrades this year that will make it fully compatible with the next generation of 3D displays.
The updates, coupled with the increase in the capacity of the Blu-ray discs, will see the PS3 aiming to lead the way in 3D home entertainment.
The PS3 has already seen the beginnings of 3D gaming with the game adaptation of James Cameron's Avatar.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III