3D coming to PS3
Sony boss Kaz Hirai's presentation to this year's Consumer Electronics Show was about more than just PS3 sales figures.
This year will see the PlayStation 3 become fully compatible with the 3D revolution, the big cheese tells us.
In anticipation of Sony's new range of 3D Bravia TVs, the PS3 will receive two firmware upgrades this year that will make it fully compatible with the next generation of 3D displays.
The updates, coupled with the increase in the capacity of the Blu-ray discs, will see the PS3 aiming to lead the way in 3D home entertainment.
The PS3 has already seen the beginnings of 3D gaming with the game adaptation of James Cameron's Avatar.
- Stealth Inc 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation and Xbox
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power
- Epic has dropped the subscription fee for the Unreal Engine 4
- Rumour: DirectX 12 could allow mixing and matching of AMD and Nvidia GPUs
- No more online modes for Ridge Racer Unbounded in Europe
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler
- EA announces details of Battlefield: Hardline Premium
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive