3D coming to PS3
Sony boss Kaz Hirai's presentation to this year's Consumer Electronics Show was about more than just PS3 sales figures.
This year will see the PlayStation 3 become fully compatible with the 3D revolution, the big cheese tells us.
In anticipation of Sony's new range of 3D Bravia TVs, the PS3 will receive two firmware upgrades this year that will make it fully compatible with the next generation of 3D displays.
The updates, coupled with the increase in the capacity of the Blu-ray discs, will see the PS3 aiming to lead the way in 3D home entertainment.
The PS3 has already seen the beginnings of 3D gaming with the game adaptation of James Cameron's Avatar.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year