3D coming to PS3
Sony boss Kaz Hirai's presentation to this year's Consumer Electronics Show was about more than just PS3 sales figures.
This year will see the PlayStation 3 become fully compatible with the 3D revolution, the big cheese tells us.
In anticipation of Sony's new range of 3D Bravia TVs, the PS3 will receive two firmware upgrades this year that will make it fully compatible with the next generation of 3D displays.
The updates, coupled with the increase in the capacity of the Blu-ray discs, will see the PS3 aiming to lead the way in 3D home entertainment.
The PS3 has already seen the beginnings of 3D gaming with the game adaptation of James Cameron's Avatar.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3