New Call of Duty release date hinted
The rumour mill has been working overtime again, this time with release date details of Treyarch's planned Vietnam entry to the Call of Duty series.
Unsurprisingly, the new title was mooted to follow the previous two iterations of the series and hit shelves in November of this year. The news fits in with everything we have come to expect of Activision with the publisher clearly hoping to have Christmas number ones, two years in a row.
The rumours have appeared courtesy of an un-named senior industry figure who spoke to CVG off the record.
His exact words were apparently: "It's going to be November again - just as with World At War and Modern Warfare 2. Activision believes that it can own Christmas 2010, just as it has in the last two years."
He also added some information about the state of the games development: "Development is on course - and Treyarch have been told the game must be ready to hit shelves before the gifting season."
- Watch Us Play.tm: Metro Redux
- Capcom suing Koei Tecmo for a lot of patent infringement
- New fighters and gameply features come in with EA Sports UFC's second free update
- NHL 15 demo faces off on PS4 and Xbox One
- Chair bringing the Infinity Blade saga to a close next week
- Watchmen and Dexter actors provide the voices for The Evil Within
- Square Enix apologises over confusion surrounding the Rise Of The Tomb Raider announcement
- Antitrust issues caused Google to back out of buying Twitch
- Metro Redux launch trailer arrives as the collection launches in North America