New Call of Duty release date hinted
The rumour mill has been working overtime again, this time with release date details of Treyarch's planned Vietnam entry to the Call of Duty series.
Unsurprisingly, the new title was mooted to follow the previous two iterations of the series and hit shelves in November of this year. The news fits in with everything we have come to expect of Activision with the publisher clearly hoping to have Christmas number ones, two years in a row.
The rumours have appeared courtesy of an un-named senior industry figure who spoke to CVG off the record.
His exact words were apparently: "It's going to be November again - just as with World At War and Modern Warfare 2. Activision believes that it can own Christmas 2010, just as it has in the last two years."
He also added some information about the state of the games development: "Development is on course - and Treyarch have been told the game must be ready to hit shelves before the gifting season."
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III