Natal for winter 2010 release
Speaking at the CES show in Las Vegas, Microsoft have confirmed what many suspected. Namely, that the Natal motion control system will be released in winter 2010 - in time for the Holiday season.
"Scheduled to be available in holiday season 2010, 'Project Natal' is only the most recent example of Microsoft's work creating natural user interfaces," reads official word from the platform holder.
Natal promises controller-less gaming, and full body motion capture, with a number of big name publishers said to be working on games for the new technology.
Games like Fable 3, and even possibly the next Halo, will also make use of this massive debutant in some sense. More from CES soon.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer