BAFTA Games Awards head online
Taking a page from the Spike/VGA book of award ceremonies, BAFTA have this week confirmed that their annual Games Awards will be broadcast online, live.
The ceremony will be shown on the BAFTA and GAME websites on the 19th of March.
"In a first for a BAFTA Awards ceremony, this years GAME British Academy Video Games Awards will be streamed live, broadcasting on both the BAFTA and GAME websites on Friday, March 19," BAFTA's Kelly Smith reveals.
"The decision to stream the Awards was made by the BAFTA Video Games Committee with the aim of reaching the maximum audience of videogame fans and therefore further promoting the creative work of the industry as widely as possible. More details about the Awards will be announced shortly."
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year
- Hatred returns to Steam Greenlight
- Work on a Lords Of The Fallen sequel is under way
- The latest patch for Assassin's Creed: Unity is a whopper, especially for some on Xbox One
- Microsoft is planning a streaming service reportedly called Arcadia