BAFTA Games Awards head online
Taking a page from the Spike/VGA book of award ceremonies, BAFTA have this week confirmed that their annual Games Awards will be broadcast online, live.
The ceremony will be shown on the BAFTA and GAME websites on the 19th of March.
"In a first for a BAFTA Awards ceremony, this years GAME British Academy Video Games Awards will be streamed live, broadcasting on both the BAFTA and GAME websites on Friday, March 19," BAFTA's Kelly Smith reveals.
"The decision to stream the Awards was made by the BAFTA Video Games Committee with the aim of reaching the maximum audience of videogame fans and therefore further promoting the creative work of the industry as widely as possible. More details about the Awards will be announced shortly."
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer