BAFTA Games Awards head online
Taking a page from the Spike/VGA book of award ceremonies, BAFTA have this week confirmed that their annual Games Awards will be broadcast online, live.
The ceremony will be shown on the BAFTA and GAME websites on the 19th of March.
"In a first for a BAFTA Awards ceremony, this years GAME British Academy Video Games Awards will be streamed live, broadcasting on both the BAFTA and GAME websites on Friday, March 19," BAFTA's Kelly Smith reveals.
"The decision to stream the Awards was made by the BAFTA Video Games Committee with the aim of reaching the maximum audience of videogame fans and therefore further promoting the creative work of the industry as widely as possible. More details about the Awards will be announced shortly."
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side