Narrative focus for new Call of Duty
Rumour has it that Treyarch's next instalment in the best selling Call of Duty series will be set it Vietnam, the 'alternative' CoD developer taking care of historical settings.
According to word from Abstract360, the new title will also take a more narrative-focussed approach, a different tact from Infinity Ward's offerings which tend to be more popular for their multiplayer excellence.
Treyarch are hiring a new level designer who will "research subject matter for history and look of the level", and it is said the new game is inspired by classic 'Nam flicks like Apocalypse Now and Full Metal Jacket.
A Vietnam era rock soundtrack has already been licensed. We're hoping for more news on this very soon.
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan