Narrative focus for new Call of Duty
Rumour has it that Treyarch's next instalment in the best selling Call of Duty series will be set it Vietnam, the 'alternative' CoD developer taking care of historical settings.
According to word from Abstract360, the new title will also take a more narrative-focussed approach, a different tact from Infinity Ward's offerings which tend to be more popular for their multiplayer excellence.
Treyarch are hiring a new level designer who will "research subject matter for history and look of the level", and it is said the new game is inspired by classic 'Nam flicks like Apocalypse Now and Full Metal Jacket.
A Vietnam era rock soundtrack has already been licensed. We're hoping for more news on this very soon.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date