Narrative focus for new Call of Duty
Rumour has it that Treyarch's next instalment in the best selling Call of Duty series will be set it Vietnam, the 'alternative' CoD developer taking care of historical settings.
According to word from Abstract360, the new title will also take a more narrative-focussed approach, a different tact from Infinity Ward's offerings which tend to be more popular for their multiplayer excellence.
Treyarch are hiring a new level designer who will "research subject matter for history and look of the level", and it is said the new game is inspired by classic 'Nam flicks like Apocalypse Now and Full Metal Jacket.
A Vietnam era rock soundtrack has already been licensed. We're hoping for more news on this very soon.
- The Behemoth teases their fourth game, it will be playable at PAX Prime
- Sins Of A Solar Empire devs Ironclad successfully defends their use word Rebellion in one of their game titles
- Just Cause devs Avalanche have some surprises planned for 2015
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham gets a new Braniac trailer
- Sledgehammer boss confirms no Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U
- Xbox One getting a Reddit app
- Konami releases a hat-trick of new screens for PES 2015
- 500GB hard drive coming for the Xbox 360 soon
- Watch the standard edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt unboxed in 18 seconds flat