Narrative focus for new Call of Duty
Rumour has it that Treyarch's next instalment in the best selling Call of Duty series will be set it Vietnam, the 'alternative' CoD developer taking care of historical settings.
According to word from Abstract360, the new title will also take a more narrative-focussed approach, a different tact from Infinity Ward's offerings which tend to be more popular for their multiplayer excellence.
Treyarch are hiring a new level designer who will "research subject matter for history and look of the level", and it is said the new game is inspired by classic 'Nam flicks like Apocalypse Now and Full Metal Jacket.
A Vietnam era rock soundtrack has already been licensed. We're hoping for more news on this very soon.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto