Narrative focus for new Call of Duty
Rumour has it that Treyarch's next instalment in the best selling Call of Duty series will be set it Vietnam, the 'alternative' CoD developer taking care of historical settings.
According to word from Abstract360, the new title will also take a more narrative-focussed approach, a different tact from Infinity Ward's offerings which tend to be more popular for their multiplayer excellence.
Treyarch are hiring a new level designer who will "research subject matter for history and look of the level", and it is said the new game is inspired by classic 'Nam flicks like Apocalypse Now and Full Metal Jacket.
A Vietnam era rock soundtrack has already been licensed. We're hoping for more news on this very soon.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter