Rock Band supports SingStar mics
Harmonix has announced that a patch for the PS3 version of Rock Band 2 to be released on Thursday will allow use of SingStar wireless microphones, along with a slew of other improvements.
The patch also tunes up the game behind the scenes for the forthcoming launch of the Rock Band Network Store, which is expected in the next couple months. When it debuts, the Network Store will allow you to download songs composed by other players.
Other points of interest in the PS3-only patch include tweaks to timing in The Beatles: Rock Band, support for velocity sensitivity with Ion Drum Rocker drum sets, and song sorting based on the number of stars earned on each song listed.
Expect the patch to be available sometime Thursday.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year