Rock Band supports SingStar mics
Harmonix has announced that a patch for the PS3 version of Rock Band 2 to be released on Thursday will allow use of SingStar wireless microphones, along with a slew of other improvements.
The patch also tunes up the game behind the scenes for the forthcoming launch of the Rock Band Network Store, which is expected in the next couple months. When it debuts, the Network Store will allow you to download songs composed by other players.
Other points of interest in the PS3-only patch include tweaks to timing in The Beatles: Rock Band, support for velocity sensitivity with Ion Drum Rocker drum sets, and song sorting based on the number of stars earned on each song listed.
Expect the patch to be available sometime Thursday.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3