Rock Band supports SingStar mics
Harmonix has announced that a patch for the PS3 version of Rock Band 2 to be released on Thursday will allow use of SingStar wireless microphones, along with a slew of other improvements.
The patch also tunes up the game behind the scenes for the forthcoming launch of the Rock Band Network Store, which is expected in the next couple months. When it debuts, the Network Store will allow you to download songs composed by other players.
Other points of interest in the PS3-only patch include tweaks to timing in The Beatles: Rock Band, support for velocity sensitivity with Ion Drum Rocker drum sets, and song sorting based on the number of stars earned on each song listed.
Expect the patch to be available sometime Thursday.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title