Driv3r slips to June
Atari have this morning announced that the third instalment in the Driver series, called Driv3r, has been delayed until June 1st - when the game will enjoy a global launch on the PS2 and Xbox, allowing the marketing masterminds at the publisher to fully exploit the potential of this latest offering.
"The Driver franchise set the benchmark for the driving adventure genre, as the incredible legacy of Driver and Driver 2 has combined to sell more than 12 million units worldwide", commented DEO Bruno Bonnell. "We believe that this additional time will give our marketing team the ability to exploit DRIV3R's full potential, meeting the high expectations of gamers, media and shareholders," he added.
Driv3r was previously scheduled for a release at the end of March.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year